An UnRegular Romance (Mordecai x Rigby Human)

He was always there with me I guess. I never really realized how he stood by my side whenever I got in trouble. I was always a pain, and a terrible best friend. I never told him how much he meant to me and how big of a part he played in my daily life. I don't think I could ever replace him. Especially now that he's left me for good.

*Three Days Before*

"Ughhh.... Rig...Rigby.....oh god please.....", mumbled Mordecai under his deep croacky breath. Trembling and covered in sweat he whispered again. "Rigby." He waited a couple seconds before he finally tore off his blanket he was so cosily wrapped in. "RIG~BY! PLEASE~!" His voice cracked a little bit while he yelled.

Rigby of course was in his corner of the room blasting his stupid music as always. Mordecai rushed towards him angry and tired and feeling like complete shit.

"Rigby, I am so tired of your lack of consideration. You know Im sick and you just sit there an~", he was completely cut off as Rigby interrupted him again.

"Hey Mordecai bro, relax and take a chill pill dude." Rigby was looking up at Mordecai completely mezmorized by the blue headed guy standing in front of him. He was taken out of trance when Mordecai landed a deathly blow to Rigby's right arm. Even while Mordecai was sick his punches hurt like hell.

"OOOOOOOWWW!" Tears began to form in the corner of Rigby's eyes. The punch Mordecai just threw left an instant bruise on Rigby. "No fair. No one ever said we we're playing punchies." He whimpered and rubbed his arm hoping the pain would die down.

Mordecai looked down at the tiny little boy who was teary eyed from one lousy punch. He felt bad about punching him but it was the only way to make Rigby understand.

"No dude. We're not playing punchies." He sighed and crossed his arms, "I'm really tired and I'd like to get some sleep by the time we have to get up for work." His voice cracked several times again. Mordecai ran a hand through his perfectly thick blue mohawk.

"Humph...", Ribgy crossed his legs on his trampoline and just looked away. "Fine dude, be that way. YOUR NO FUN ANYWAY!" Rigby pulled his blanket over himself and turned off his radio. Mordecai just stared at Rigby for a while before returning to his bed. Rigby was sniffling under his covers sometimes even choking on his tears.

Whatever Rigby. Mordecai mindlessly drifted off to a sweet dream. His dream was filled with thoughts of Margaret. A very tall, slender, red head that worked at the local cafè.

She is everything he's ever wanted. She was beautiful, interesting, smart, a hardworker and she was always so kind to him. But somehow whenever he dreamed of Margaret, Rigby would appear.

It was normal he guessed. Rigby's around Mordecai 24/7 so there's bound to be some parts of him that'd appear in his dreams.

Rigby and Mordecai knew each other since childhood so it was hard to get rid of him, even when all Rigby did was cause trouble most of the time. Mordecai thought of Rigby as a stupid, lazy, weakling. But he still thought of him as his brother.

But for some reason Rigby's presence in this dream gave off a different vibe then usual.

In his usual dreams Mordecai would enter the cafè and order some coffee so he could talk to Margaret, but in the midst of telling Margaret his true feelings Rigby would appear and ruin the moment. But this time Rigby just sat there. Completely silent, lifeless, through out the entire conversation.

When Mordecai got close to telling Margaret his feelings he looked down at Rigby. A quick glance to his left and he saw something that broke his heart.

Rigby sat there, coffee in his hands with tears running down his cheeks.

Rigby? Rigby what's the matter? Rigby bro, don't cry. Stop it. Mordecai reached down to grab Rigby's hand but was surprised when Rigby grabbed the collar of his sweater and pulled him toward his face, crashing their lips together.

Mordecai was completely shocked. He was in complete confusion and next thing he knew Margaret had disappered from behind him and they were back in their room at the park.

Rigby tugged at Mordecai's blue mohawk. He ran his fingers through it and pulled at it, making Mordecai's head tilt back and a small moan came out his mouth, which surprised Mordecai. He didn't even know he could make such a sound.

Rigby kept pulling him into a deeper kiss, constantly crashing their lips together. Mordecai felt some odd heat coming from his stomach. He looked down and saw rigby was pushing his hand under Mordecai's sweater. Running his hand on the line on Mordecai's chest.

Mordecai couldn't pull away. He was utterly entranced by Rigby's skilled kiss. What. This guy who never had a girlfriend is pulling me into a deep kiss? Wait, what's even going on here? Rigby pushed Mordecai down onto his bed. He pulled away from the kiss and traced kisses down Mordecai's stomach while constantly mumbling words that were too soft to hear.

Mordecai felt oddly hot and bothered by Rigby's sudden boldness and actions. Rigby then climbed on top of him and slowly took off his shirt leaving him with nothing but his pants. Then Rigby continued to pull Mordecai into a kiss. He pushed his tongue through Mordecai's lips and caressed his tongue. Soon Mordecai found himself enjoying this dream.

Rigby wasted no time. He tugged off Mordecai's sweater while tugging playfully at his ear. Mordecai never noticed how cute Rigby was when he was really bothered. Wait what am I thinking?!?! This is my best friend. This needs to stop.

"Mfmm....Rif~be....Mmmmm....Stoff thiff....mmmmm..", Mordecai pulled Rigby off himself, finding it a little upsetting to have to pull him off and ruin this moment.

"Rigby what's gotten into you? This isn't you. We should stop....", Mordecai's words drifted off as he looked into Rigby's eyes. They were glossy and a deep hazel color. A single tear fell down Rigby's face. He looked up at Mordecai. "Rigby?"

A subtle gaspy breath emitted from his mouth. He was now trembling all over. He looked like he was holding his tears back all he could. "Why?", a tiny whipser came out his mouth. Mordecai just stared down at him, completely broken by his reaction and utterly confused by his words.

Rigby spoke again, "Why? Why is it that no matter how hard I try, no matter how much love I give you, you just push me away. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE MARGARET? WHY CAN'T YOU LOVE ME?" Rigby stared into Mordecai's eyes showing genuine emotion in the words he just said. Mordecai was stunned by his words. He couldn't move his mouth to respond.

Rigby was looking down. His tears trailed down his cheeks and crashed onto his clenched fists. "Why is it that you never look at me the way you do Margaret." He was now shaking so hard Mordecai could feel it. "Am I not good enough for you? We've been together our entire life and you never realized me in the corner with my eyes on you whenever you talked to a girl. I died a little every time you hugged them, or even kissed them. You know", his tears were now soaking Mordecai's pants. Mordecai reached out to caress his cheek but suddenly Rigby looked up at Mordecai with deep souless eyes, "I love you. And I'll never stop loving you."

Mordecai's hands feel down by his sides. He never had been so quiet in his entire life. And the one time he needed to say something back, his words completely failed him and left him alone and heart broken.