3.The Dark Forest

'I should be more cautious next time. If she finds out I know about her evil plans, she'll get me killed just like others.' blabbered Alex.

Alex, the old wise guard was suspicious of Blair just like others, except the fact that he was wiser and had more knowledge about sorcerer's than others. He was keenly observing Blair from day one. He thought of unleashing her secret at perfect time, but the recent murder of his beloved best friend, the cook made him rage with angry. He decided to tell everything to King Rex as soon as possible.

'Oh my! Why is she sneaking out of castle like that? She's definitely up to something. I must warn the King. This...this is the perfect time.' Alex thought aloud.

__*_*_*__

Blair was in the dark forest, walking at speed to reach the dark sorcerer who taught her blue magic. Just few minutes and she could reach the witch's house and learn black magic in no time. As she was hurrying, she noticed commotion at some distance. She hid behind the tree and eavesdropped.

'...yes, yes even I have heard about it.' said someone. 'Me too...'said the other. 'I wish I could change my destiny too' said another. And this was enough to catch Blair's attention. She continued to eavesdrop. '...but I've heard, one needs to go through many difficulties to reach that island called 'Land of Destiny'' 'Oh! Land of Destiny it is' murmured Blair, happiness visible in her voice. '...it's far off in the north-east direction; one has to go through the vast magical sea to reach there. I've heard no one ever made back....' '...even I've heard that...'

Blair was ecstatic; after all she has found solution to all her problems. 'If I change destiny, everything will fall in place' she thought, smiling broadly.