Chapter 5

~Jacob~

I was chilling on the couch with Penny, this fine jawn I met a while back. We ain't nothing serious, just kicking it. She made me watch this movie with her but my mind was on other things. Last week, seeing Delilah completely changed me in a weird way. I always thought De was pretty but at the time I needed her more as a friend so I never mentioned that I liked her like that. When I seen her in person and actually had words with her, I felt something...different. She's all kinds of beautiful it don't even make sense. Idk if I can pursue her though. Is it weird? I mean we grew up together and all that and her parents treat me like her son, so can I even be with De? Honestly I don't even know. That whole situation is confusing.

The movie was over and trust me, I surely wasn't mad, that movie was boring. I went into the kitchen to get a snack with Penny right on my tail. I grabbed some hot Cheetos and sat on the counter. She then stood between my legs and wrapped her arms around me, resting her head on my chest. If only she was Delilah.

"Baby..." she whined.

"Wassup?"

"What are we?" She asked looking me in my eyes resting her chin on my chest.

We not bout to do this right now. Why females always gotta ruin something. We were good how we were, now she gotta ask questions.

"Humans." I say sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes, "No I mean like, am
I your girl?"

I shook my head in disappointment and gently unwrapped her arms from around me. I then hopped off the counter.

"Penny, I cant have a relationship right now. I have way too much stuff on my plate. You know I can't be with you 24/7 and spend time with you, and I'll be on tour all the time. I don't want to put any girl through that. Plus I gotta stay focused." I was straight cappin right now, but I ain't trynna make nobody else's daughter cry. It's true I'm busy all the time but if it was Delilah I would make time for her.

Penny didn't say anything, she looked emotionless.

"You see what we not bout to do is waste time. You think I don't be busy? I got a life too but I make time for you. I saw a future with you but apparently this is a one way relationship." She said then started gathering her things.

I should probably try to stop her.

He almost did until a thought of Delilah crossed his mind. Maybe he should try a relationship with her.

~Delilah~

One more week until this break is over. I laid in my old, pink, childhood bed. It had white clouds all over it. I stared at my grey ceiling just thinking. Jacob. He so fine it's scary. He was always cute but he surely did grow up. Yet he's still same old sweet Jacob. At lest he is with me. We actually started calling each other more, but he went back home so we can't really meet up. I don't mind though, hearing his voice was enough. I remember having a huge crush on him years ago and those feelings just came rushing right on back. Trust me, I wouldn't mind being with him at all.

McDonald's. Wouldn't mind having some right now, but I'm way too lazy to drive right now. I sent a text to my mom asking her to get me some, but her response was a little more than a no. I then shot a text to my dad but he was too busy. Ugh looks like I'm driving, yay. My body groggily gets out of bed and I grab my keys heading to Mickey D's.

My foot slams on the break as I honk the horn. Some non-driving lady decided to suddenly stop her car for some reason at the drive thru. I here her yell something she forgot at the speaker then she flipped me off. How rude! I just let her be and ordered my own food.