5

Narrative

Lucy stood next to a tall green sign that said the name of the plaza she was at, of course the actual name of it was painted over by some rebel of a teen and was spray painted over to say 'Death Area', in which people called it.

Lucy could feel a cold breeze, the news stated it was going to be a sunny and windless day, but the wind thrashing the trees beg to differ. Lucy clenched her shirt wishing she had brought a jacket or had sleeves. She slightly shuddered wondering when the wind ever came.

"Hey," A familiar kind voice said from beside her, "You cold?" Lucy turned her attention to the owner of the voice a little startled at his sudden appearance but giggled once realizing who spoke.  "Hey Gray" she took his dark blue jacket out of his hands, "Thanks, It's freezing." Gray shrugged, "I don't feel it" Lucy shook her head slightly with a smile.

"Excited for your first day?" He asked as his hands were in his pockets, Lucy thought about her increasing heart rate as she got closer to the store, "very, but I know I'll be fine" she played with her fingers. "I'm still confused with this weather"

Gray looked down, "Eh, I usually don't care for wind or rain," he said pretty loudly but not enough to get Lucy anxious about crowds, but then again there really isn't a crowd there. "Oh really?" A woman with dark blue hair walked out of a space from between two buildings, Lucy was again, very startled. Her outfit was a bit vulgar but she wore the same uniform shirt as Lucy, as did Gray, except she tied it from behind.

"Juvia? What are you doing here?" Gray glared at her, Lucy was a bit confused at who the woman is and what she did to anger her new friend Gray. Juvia look Lucy up and down and scoffed, "So you're going to big tit bimbos now?" Lucy's eyes widen to her comment. Her fist tighten but relaxed after realizing it was her first day at work and there was no need to feed into this woman's ego.

"Excuse me?" She crossed her arms, "I'll give you a chance to say sorry or else" Lucy said sternly as Juvia giggled, "Oh little girl, you wouldn't want to mess with me" Whatever she was planning to do was stopped by Gray who quickly ran to her and held her waist. "Not here" he whispered into her ear, Juvia huffed and nodded, she turned around with a quick glare to Lucy and hugged Gray, "I missed you Gray" Gray motioned for Lucy to walk ahead, "I missed you too Juvia"

As Lucy walked farther and now unable to hear them Gray lifted Juvia's chin, "That's the girl Natsu was interested in" Juvia 'oohed' and looked at her again. "I didn't know he was interested in humans" Gray shrugged, "I don't think she's like any other human"

Juvia thought again, "Now that you mentioned it, she does seem a bit off"