4

Lucy

"No! Stop!" I scream running away from the monster behind me. He was large and scaly, he had the sharpest teeth imaginable with a red substance dripping down his chin, at first he looks to be human, but he isn't. He couldn't have been, because if he was he wouldn't have done it.

"Lucy!" I heard from the end, I was running away from this man who was chasing me in a narrow hall, the hall was black and navy blue, their were doors on the side that were red but I didn't want to take a chance and open it for fear I might get caught, my arm was already bitten off and it hurt like hell. The voice was coming from a door at the end of this hallway. The monster behind me wouldn't stop running no matter how much I screamed. I was finally at the door when my eyes open.

"Lucy! Are you okay?" I was being shaken by Levy, my eyes widen as I sat up. I turn my head to see a slightly worried Gajeel. "What happened Lu?" Levy looked panicked.

"Wha-?" I was breathing heavily, "What was that?" Levy looked at Gajeel then back to me, "Lucy, you were just thrashing around, we were so worried" She held a hand to her chest. I looked down at my arm, "I still have my arm?"

"You must've had a nightmare" Levy said, "Don't worry, you're safe now" She got up to leave, I can smell the burning food from the kitchen, Gajeel followed.

"But it felt so real" I examined my arm. 'That dream was so strange.' I grabbed my phone unplugging it from the charger. I see notifications, one from from a news outlet, its titled 'Death Area', I decide to not check it out. I check the date, today was the first day at work, yesterday was uneventful with me buying jeans to wear with the dark colored uniform I received.

I pulled the shirt on and dark jeans and regular dark vans. I tied my hair into a ponytail, I plugged my headphones on and played a random song. I walked out the room, I see Levy waving at me, probably wishing me good luck. I turn to see Gajeel mouth 'finally' causing me show off my middle finger, seeing his face irrupt to such a deep red in anger is actually really funny.

I walked outside, it's hot and even if I just walked out felt as if I was gonna melt away. I walk towards the plaza that is nearby the death area. "Maybe I could get some sweets to eat" I touched my stomach, I didn't eat breakfast and I was starting to feel hungry.

I arrived at the Plaza and walked towards a random unpopular bakery but immediately stopped, there was man with ginger hair and familiar hazel eyes being covered with glasses with a blue tint. I rolled my eyes and scoffed as I watched him play with his cuffs on his suit. I try my best to avoid him, I do not want to talk to someone from my past.

"Hey Lucy!" I hear his voice shout. I cringed at the loudness of his voice, I could already feel stares from bystanders. I could hear his footsteps getting closer, I sighed loudly so he could hear. "I'm sorry Loke, I have to go to work" I point towards the death area and shrugged my shoulder. He looked towards were I was pointing. "Right now?"

I could feel my eyebrow twitch, "Yes". He frowned and fixed his tie, "Why must you go? I want to talk to you" His voice almost whined. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, "About what?"

His face grew a sly smirk. "About our relationship, I want to be more then friends with benefits." I placed both of my hands on my hips. "Nope! We stopped being that when we left high school, now leave me alone!" I could see his surprised face but how could he not get the point already? I blocked him on all my social media platforms and deleted his number, I regret ever letting him take my virginity.

I wave him off as I continued walking to my first job, I could feel my heart thumbing, I am nervous but the job seems easy. All I do is wait for someone to buy a product, easy...right?