time travel...

I woke up, the last thing i remember was being with luffy, trying to find a way to fix everything. Everything went to hell after luffy found the one piece and became the pirate king. Now it was only me and luffy left in the world, even our crew was long gone and dead. It was why we were trying to find a way to fix it...it was why we tried to see if we could time travel or do something. Then we found one of the devil fruits. We both didn't know what it did and never found out because it disappeared after i touched it. Maybe i shouldn't have touched i thought as i got up and realized i was in my old ship. What am i doing here? I thought as i used my haki to sense who was here. I froze, it was my old crew mates...but how? Did we time travel? Wait what about luffy? Fid he time travel as well? I hope he wasn't left behind..i thought as i checked the time and noticed it was only 5:30 i the morning. I sighed, again of can't sleep for to long anymore..not without luffy somewhere in the room...it's been like that for few years since they day everyone else died...

Luffy can't sleep for too long as well without me in the room. He always ends up somewhere on my bed with his arms tangled up with my arm or legs. I get up from my bed and started heading out after i got ready. I know I'm on dawn island, so i might as well train for about an hour before heading off to the bar. So i ended up training for the next hour before some got up. Mostly benn was the only one awake and up at 6 in the morning. But after 6:30, just about everyone was up. I stopped training, benn comes into the room i was in blinks with a hint of surprise that i was already up. I usually didn't get up until at least 7 in the morning, and that's only when I'm a little bit drunk. If i really got drunk then i wouldn't get up until at least 1p.m. Then we all headed off to the bar. I had to act more like i used to then, mostly because i didn't want to make them confused or anything. I'm a bit more mature and serious in the future but that's what you should expect when everyone you know except one dies in one day.

Then i saw luffy, "hey luffy hows my favorite anchor?" i said more of a whisper so they didn't hear my except luffy did. Luffy froze before turning around, to me i suddenly saw future luffy in his place, he had the same eyes he did in the future. Then all of a sudden that image was gone with just kid luffy. But he still had the same eyes before the look disappeared with kinda fake look. "Shanks!" luffy said but it was also more of a whisper then anything else. Maybe luffy time traveled back into the past as well? But first i have to study him-to see if he really did time travel as well.

~luffy's pov~

I woke up and to my surprise and horror, shanks was no where to be found. I began to panic as i look around until i notice i was in my old home before i ended up living with the mountain bandits. I started to get confused as i looked around before looking at myself. I was small again...but why? I look in the mirror and saw me as a kid but before i met sabo and ace. Did i time travel? If so what about shanks? Did he time travel to? Or is he alone in the future without me? I don't like the possibility of shanks being alone and by himself anymore...i got up and changed clothes, then i headed out. It was five in the morning. So for the next two or three hours i walked around. The i heard "hey luffy hows my favorite anchor?" it was more of a whisper the then anything. I froze before turning around, i saw shanks, but i also saw future shanks, my shanks...he had the same look in his eyes, his expression was a bit fake to look like he did when he was younger...is it possible that shanks really did time travel and came back with me? I hope so but i have to study him a bit to see if he did.."shanks!" i whispered abit. Is he really my shanks?

~pov change to shanks~

After around an hour or two of studying luffy, i finally concluded he might be my luffy after all. I got up and went to the bathroom. I saw luffy followed me secretly to anyone but me. I went in and waited for a few seconds and luffy came in after me. "Did you come from the future as well shanks/luffy?" we both said at the same time. It also hit me that luffy said it as well, right then i knew he was my luffy. Then all of a sudden luffy wrapped his arms around me several times and hugged me. I hugged back, knowing he was the luffy i knew in the future, the pirate king. I smiled, i felt luffy crying in my shoulders. I felt really relieved and happy at the same time. Luffy...it really is you...

~pov change to luffy~

I followed shanks into the bathroom. Then "Did you come fro the future as well shanks/luffy?" Then it hit me, shanks said the same thing me, that means he's my shanks! I wrapped shanks into my arms several times abd hugged him. He hugged back and i started to cry into his shoulders. I missed you shanks! Even though i saw you and been with you for the past few hours...I didn't know if you were my shanks or not! I didn't know if you were alone in the future or not! I missed you shanks...You really are my shanks...i didn't want you to be alone in the future...but now i know your not alone...your here with me...my shanks...the shanks i knew since i was young...since some time before now actually...but that was this past...my past...i knew you for so many years...shanks...

~pov change to shanks~

I missed you anchor. "I really missed you anchor...i didn't know if you time traveled as well...so i was worried...that you'd be all alone..." i said with his arms still wrapped around me. Wait...how is this possible? Did his devil fruit time traveled with him as well? "Wait luffy..did you already have your devil fruit at this time? Or did yours come back with you?" i asked a bit confused. "It came with me..i know because i would have to relearn everything had i just became one recently in this time...but my strength and power is still there.." luffy said. Aw shit...how are we supposed to hide this? I guess we shouldn't and let the others find out sooner or later...since he can't...though i wish he could and wasn't affected like other devil fruit users on not being able to swim and all..

Then i felt something happening with me and i felt some of my power doing something to luffy. I felt confused.. wait...did i end up becoming a devil fruit user by accident?! Can i still swim?! I hope i can, i didn't even want to be a devil fruit user...mostly because the affect it has when they end up falling into the ocean/sea...i don't want to be useless or anything because of a devil fruit affect when your in sea or ocean...or anything like that..i saw surprise flash across luffy's face for a spilt second. "Did you feel that luffy?" i asked and luffy slowly nodded. "I think...i might be a devil fruit user..." i said. "Eh?! You became a devil fruit user?! When Was this?" luffy said. "I think it was when i touched that devil fruit and everything became...like this..." i said uncertain. "Ahh! Amazing! Shanks is a devil fruit user now! Wait...what would happen if anyone else found out?" luffy asked a bit worried. "Hmm...I'll tell the half truth... maybe..." i said. I wasn't comfortable with lying especially to my own crew...i try to avoid it if possible unless it's something really important...though i guess this also counts, I'll just tell them half truths, after all i did find a devil fruit and didn't eat it but it disappeared after touching it. So i guess it's the only devil fruit that does that...at least i hope...

That's what I'll tell them...the only thing i will leave out is the part i time traveled to the past..at least for now i won't tell my crew about me and luffy time traveling...then we both walked back out and i drank the sake as usually. Then after a while my crew and i left to our ship to sleep for the night. I stayed up for quite a while, thinking on how i should do things right now and later...i know I'm going to come back later after luffy meets ace so i can train him and his brothers...I'm going to have to give luffy my number so he can call us and then we can come back to train them a bit so they are a lot stronger then they were in the future. I can't wait to see how strong they will become.. Especially ace...this time around.. Ace will survive...i won't let him die... Not this time around...now i got the chance to actually help him get stronger so he could protect himself and his brothers better. I wonder if ace would still join whitebeard and his crew in the future? Eh..I'll think about that later...i might not mind him being his own captain or joining my crew because i can keep a better eye on him if he was in my crew but it all depends on what he chooses after all...then i slowly fell asleep.

__*___*___*___*__*__*___*___*___*__*__
Finally finished! The main character as you can tell is shanks! 1783 words right now! So i hope you enjoy and comment...well until next time...ja ne~!