⚡️5⚡️- First fabulous meeting with Peeves?

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I see," Hermione thought for a while. "There's a thing that's been bugging me for a while ..."

"What's that?" Esmeralda asked.

"Why does Lockhart refer to himself as Moi and not I, me or just his name?"

Esmeralda thought for a while. "I think it's because he believes French is a very beautiful and elegant language and therefore uses a bit French in his everyday language, even if it is just Moi."

"But he's pronouncing it wrong!" Hermione said frustrated, this really did seem to have bugged her for a while.

"I know, it's pronounced MO-a, not MO-ee," Esmeralda said.

"He's a bit stupid don't you think? He's cool and fabulous and all, but just a little bit stupid maybe?" Hermione asked.

"I kind of agree with you, but when it all comes to all, he's not that bad, but I can't exactly say he's got a very high IQ though," Esmeralda said as she looked at her watch on her left wrist, it was quarter to six.

"We have to go to the meeting," Esmeralda said as she started packing her books, parchment, quills and ink back into her rucksack with Hermione who joined her a little later.

Together, the two of them walked through the halls of Hogwarts toward the Ravenclaw common room, past Sir Cadogan who followed them for a while, bragging about himself, past Peeves who miraculously did not attack them, past a woman singing, but could not actually sing, and soon they neared the corridor leading to the Ravenclaw common room.

When they stopped by the door with the bronze knocker, Hermione looked at Esmeralda with a brow raised. "You do realise there's no way of getting into that room."

Now it was Esmeralda's turn to raise her eyebrow, she was so used to the bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle, she had forgotten the fact that not all Hogwarts students knew that the bronze knocker asked you a riddle and then let you into the common room.

The bronze eagle's beak opened and the soft musical voice spoke, "This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still has a mighty roaring call who is he?"

Hermione yelped.

Esmeralda ignored this, as she knew Hermione was only shocked and would not exactly be scarred for life, "Um ... Runs forever, but never moves at all ... no lungs, nor throat ... Clearly nothing alive then, something that moves ..."

Esmeralda thought for a while. "Water moves ... and a waterfall is pretty loud ... is it a waterfall?"

The eagle did not reply, but the door opened so Esmeralda estimated that it was correct.

"Are you coming, Hermione?" Esmeralda asked, looking at Hermione who stood in amazement, staring at the bronze knocker that looked like an eagle.

She nodded and walked behind Esmeralda hesitantly.

"Are you sure I'm allowed to be here?" Hermione asked anxiously.

"Probably not, but the others won't mind and definitely won't tell the teachers, they all know that there's an excellent reason for all our actions so they won't meddle, now come," Esmeralda explained while walking across the common room to the bookshelf in the darkest part of the common room, which didn't say a lot as everything was pretty bright.

Hermione half-ran behind her like a scared mouse, probably because she had not believed Esmeralda's statement about the Ravenclaws not meddling with other people's business without a good reason.

Esmeralda walked up to the bookshelf and removed the old blue book Benjamin had removed a week earlier and just like last time, the shelf opened just like a door, revealing a corridor.