N I N E T E E N ~ "What's true?"

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong is that you're not here! C'mon pizza, remember?" He groans.

I take a look at the clock and realise it's six at night.

"I really can't be bothered." I groan.

"I don't care, Cupcake. Come meet us at the Italians by Axel's." Rob says before whispering. "Wear something cute, Axel won't stop talking about you. Plus, he said to bring your stuff, so I'm clearly out of the loop."

I grin at the thought but before I can reply, Rob hangs up on me.

Quickly walking over to my wardrobe, I pick out my outfit.

It's not at all practical for the beginning of November, but it'll do

Grabbing my bag and my coat, I head for the pizzeria.

My thoughts solely on Axel.

And pizza.

••••

Pushing open the door, I'm hit by a blanket of warmth. The smell of pizza infiltrated my sense as waitresses whizz round with smiles on their faces.

Looking around, my eyes immediately connect with Axel's. His electric blue eyes seem to widen and I smile.

Walking over to the table, I feel Axel's gaze on me the whole time. Willing myself not to fall, I eventually make it to the table.

Thank god.

I take the seat beside Axel in the booth and face Rob.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." I say breathlessly.

"No problem, I'm about to go order. You good with pineapple?" Rob asks, beginning to stand up.

"When am I not?" I ask incredulously.

"You should always be against it." Axel speaks up, shuddering beside me.

Rob rolls his eyes at Axel before heading off to the counter.

Watching Rob walk away, I feel Axel lace our fingers together.

My stomach flutters in joy and I bring myself to look him in the eyes, trying not to squeeze his hand out of anticipation.

"You look gorgeous." He says, warmth radiating out of his eyes.

Red immediately charges to my cheeks and I run a hand though my hair, letting out a nervous laugh. "T-Thanks." I stutter.

"Even I'm better at receiving compliments than that." Axel laughs.

And he's back.

"That's because half of the time you give them to yourself." I shoot back, laughing.