"It's fine, really," he assured. "Oh by the way," Chris gestured to the other employee. "Tyler this is Josh," he pointed to the former. "Josh this is Tyler, one of my band mates I was telling you about. Josh plays drums for a band called House of Heroes."

"That's awesome, man," Tyler stuck his hand out. "Nice to meet you."

Josh looked up at him and cracked a smile. "Nice to meet you too," he shook the outstretched hand.

"Tyler there was no reason you couldn't stay with me. We were still best friends after what happened. You're just being stubborn."

"I'm not being stubborn!" Tyler looked at Josh, defeated. "Things aren't the same as they were before and we both know that! I can't stay in the same house as you while working on this album. I mentally cannot take it," he shook his head.

"You can't mentally take it?" Josh stared at him. "Look at me, Tyler!"

"So... you're telling me you can't do the band anymore?" Tyler glanced up at Chris while Nick sat, not knowing what to say. They were at Chris's house for their usual rehearsal but were interrupted with his announcement.

"Ty..." Chris sat down next to him on the couch. "Working part time at a guitar store isn't enough. My parents co-signed my student loans and they're telling me to get a full time job so I can help pay them off."

"You can still be in the band!" Tyler began. "We'll just change rehearsal time to fit your schedule and—"

"No, that'll throw you and Nick out of balance," he shook his head.

"We could—"

"Tyler they're basically telling me to grow up and act like an adult," Chris sighed. "They don't think being a band will ever work out especially with the type of music we make..."

"What are we gonna do?" Nick finally piped up. "We were just getting started. We have an album and everything! You're just gonna leave us to hang out to dry?"

"Trust me, I wasn't gonna just spring this on you without a possible backup," he was cut off with the sound of the doorbell ringing. "Speaking of..." Chris got up and walked towards the door. He opened it and in walked a man with brown hair. Tyler recognized him this time.

"Josh?"

"Hey," he smiled.

"What're you doing here?"

"Well," Chris began as he shut the door. "Josh here is a drummer and his band said they didn't really need him anymore so he can take my place. I'll always support this band and it'll always hold a special place in my heart but Josh can keep up with it and wants to..." Chris paused. "And he quit his job."

"You quit your job?" Nick looked at him with wide eyes.

"Yeah. Chris's parents may not think this band will go anywhere but I have some hope. Enough hope to quit my job and be your drummer. Y'know, if you'll allow me."

"I don't know..." Tyler glanced at Nick. "What do you think?"

"I say we see what he's got," he shrugged.

Tyler obliged and looked at Josh's current state. He had giant bags under his eyes, making him look way older than thirty two. His dark hair was messy and standing up in all different directions. Tyler remembers how he had decided to stop dying it when he shaved it off during the hiatus. He could also just see the exhaustion and struggle in Josh's eyes. A pant of guilt hit him.