Chapter 13: The Crystal's impossible powers

Začít od začátku

I turn to face the Pharaoh and stare him dead in his eyes and say, ' I don't know how it's possible Pharaoh but, I am pretty sure that time itself had stopped..'

Pharaoh freezes with a facade that usually means he cannot comprehend something he had just heard or witnessed. Proceeding to speak, Pharaoh slowly says that such a thing should be impossible and ask me if I have any idea on how it happened.

Rather than using my words to explain my answer; I decide to walk up to the glowing spherical crystal and retrieve it showing him what it was what may have stopped time here, but what I don't get is why....?

Téa's POV:

Yugi and I have been sprinting down the sidewalk in hopes we get to school on time; all of a sudden, I was forced to a stop almost falling forward in the process when a blinding light of both light Blue and White came into my vision blinding me for what felt like several minutes.

Finally getting my sight back; I look around registering that the world has come to a complete stop and there is absolutely no color to be seen for mile only adding to my panic attack that is worsening by the second.

Taking a chance I peek over to Yugi standing there beside me preparing to seem him just standing there frozen as the colorless space around me.

When I do, I see him staring back at me and I release a breath that I did not know I had been holding the entire time, relaxing a bit knowing he was not effected by the abrupt stop in what seems like time.

But how is this possible?

A moment afterwards Yugi walks forward and grabs the crystal that we had found. He must be showing it to the Pharaoh.

Does he think that it made time stop like this? To be honest I don't even doubt it, ever since what I saw it do to Duke; I don't think there is going to be a time where I'm not surprised and terrified. Especially by this crystal no matter how pretty it may be...

Joey's POV:  ( Before and during what happened with the crystal)

AHHHH MAAAN!!! I'M GOIN TO BE LATE AGAIN!!! I shout out for da world to hear not even caring about the looks people are giving me. While racing down the cement path to the school, I fail to see dat the neighborhood around me has been reduced to the color grey and the people and cars have slowed to a stop, until I spot Yugi and Téa dat is.

I rush over to greet them unaware that they seem to be discussing something. Closing in I spot the familiar faint glowing of da crystal dat me , Yuge and the others found that day. Dat is when I realized the area is in complete stand still, I start freaking out drawing the attention of my two friends before me.

" Hey Joey."  Yugi says as calm as the nonexistent breeze that was once flowing in the air.

How can he stay so calm in a situation like dis?!? Time has literally stopped!!!

Even though feeling extremely freaked out right now, I calmly return the greeting before asking about what is going on. The answer I heard bewildered me more than the day I first saw the holographic monsters in the first duel between Yugi and Kaiba.

So the crystal we found is the culprit to all this mayhem...I thought to myself coming to understand the circumstances.

Cool now the three of us won't be late for school!! I cheered knowing that I won't get yet another detention.

Apparently, I had said that out loud since both Yuge and Téa are smiling and agreeing with me. With that we walked the rest of the way to school, through the gate that was half way closed and on to homeroom!