The Spawns | Chapter XXXI -- Running on Fumes

Start from the beginning

"Thanks. How about you?"

I sighed, running my hand over my head. "Sure, lots of fun," I wasn't about to open up about the whole Dakota fiasco. My little sister didn't need to know about that. So I changed subject. "So you want us to come pick you up?"

She took a breath and then told me, "It think it's better for me and Cole to have some more time apart."

"Because you might kiss him again if you're in the same car?"

"Jayden!" she squealed again.

"What?" I kept laughing. "Don't worry, he's not in the room."

"I think I liked it better when you were unobservant."

I could tease her more, but instead I said, "you know it's not a bad thing right? Liking Cole? And that you also don't have to like him too."

"Yes, I know."

"And that whatever you decide to do or not to do, I'll support you a hundred percent?"

"I know."

"I love you little Belly."

"I love you too JayJay," my sister replied and then added, "and now I think I need to go, Gavin is running around the house with Nikki's knitting needles and it's bound to end up bloodily."

I chuckled. "Good luck."

"You too," she replied with a smile in her voice.

I hung up and sighed, staring at my phone.

Once again, I was reminded how much I missed my sister.

Slipping my phone I my pocket I went to join my friends again. When I went back to the pool, Maika was still lying on Cole, but Francis and Clyde were also sitting besides them, though they had the common sense of each using a chair.

"Are you coming back from stuffing your face in tarte au poil rouge," Maika asked with a sweet smile.

I made a gagging sound way too quickly. Clearly Dakota had lost most of her appeal. "Ew. Seriously, will you drop it already? Dakota and I aren't a thing."

"Oh, so you totally didn't lose your virginity to her last night?" one of the twins asked.

I made a pained sound, staring a the sky. "Jesus Christ what do you guys take me for?"

"The weakest link in our virgin trio," Maika replied quickly.

"Wait, the three of you," the other twin asked, a little incredulous.

"Yep," she replied.

"Are you saving yourself for marriage. For someone particularly special?" he asked clearly a little too interested.

I sat at a chair while she replied, "I don't care about first. I used to kiss Jayden and Cole randomly when we were younger because I said I wanted to know what I was doing. So, I need to do the dirty with any bloke first so I don't screw it up with the right guy. Plus who likes virgin sex? It's all blood and pain and awkwardness!"

"Oh when you put it like that Maika, it's just such a turn on," I said. Cole was laughing under her. 

"Look, it's just logical. Who cares about the first time you skied. I care about the time you got the Olympic Gold medal," she explained.

"So, sex gold medalist for you and nothing less?" one of the twins asked.

"I'm just saying is freaking stupid to put so much importance on something because it's your first," Maika said.

"Well, if this is the way you see things, I would gladly volunteer to play the part of any bloke," the twin offered.

Maika grinned. "My answer stays the same. It's the two of you, or none of you."

"That's incest," the twin that wasn't pushing for a chance at a ride in Maika's carriage interjected.

"That's my sexual deviancy," Maika informed him with a grin.

I whined, rubbing my tired eyes. "Maika, for the love of all that is holy, please stop it."

"I love how easy it is to make him uncomfortable sometimes," she told Cole while he just laughed, eyes closes, clearly still trying to sleep.

"You think that's why he didn't pop his cherry last night? Dakota took her shirt off and he babbled and ran away," one of the twins asked.

I covered my eyes with my arm, like that could hide me from my annoying friends. "I hate all of you."

"Speaking of the She-Devil, as anyone seen her?" Maika suddenly wondered.

Everyone was either shaking their heads or saying no.

Oh oh.

Cole whined. "Does this mean we have to start looking for her?"

One of the twins said,  "she's an adult. Sort of. Can't she take care of herself?"

"Not if there's a chance that maybe she stole our car.... HOLY FUDGE CAKE! Our car!" Cole yelled and then he was basically throwing Maika off of him and running towards the parking lot.

The twins followed him. Maika just brushed herself casually and started to walk their way too. I followed her pace. I didn't really care about the car. We could rent one if she really had stolen it. And I wanted to talk with Mai. I was a bit annoyed at the double standard of caring so much about who I wanted to bang when she didn't seem to care at all who she did. "You know, I really don't get it. You don't care about who you fuck first, but then it's a big deal who I have sex with first? How is this fair?"

"It's because I don't care, but you do."

I kind of slowed my steps. Maika just kept going like what she had just said wasn't that big of a deal.

All of this was giving me a headache.

I felt suddenly intensely tired. I hadn't really had a break since coming back from college. Everything had been go-go-go since my exam week. I was hangover most of the time, and sleep deprived more than usual for the rest.

I wanted to go back home. This idea of going on a road trip was swell and all, but Dakota had kind of put a damp on the whole endeavour and honestly, I was too exhausted at this point to really enjoy it.

I could spend days with very little to no sleep, but I always needed to catch up at some point. I'd been running on fumes for almost a month now.

It was time to rest.

I really wanted to go home.

________

A/N: Hey guys! I know this chapter was a little short but you'll be getting another one very soon. Like by Wednesday soon. And you should also be getting a new Smirking Jerk chapter by next week. :)

While I have you here I wanted to talk about a new story I will start uploading every day called The Claire Years. It would really mean the world to me if you went to check it out. I'll start posting it in a few hours. And you'll have one chapter a day till the end. It won't affect my uploading of other stories because the story is already written and up on Wattpad as drafts. I just need to click published. So no need to worry.

So, that is all for now. Thanks for your patience as always. <3