Vincent said when he comes back, we will be going. I don't know where, but I hope Ryder will be here before Vincent.

I could kill the bastard. I felt his emotions when he was touching me before. His anger, frustrations and jealousy. I felt it all and when I did, I wasn't feeling them about myself or Vincent. I felt that way towards Ryder.

Vincent was jealous of Ryder, his older brother.

I heard footsteps and stilled.

Please be Ryder.

"It's time to go." Came Vincent's thick voice. My heart dropped as I felt a bit of pressure released from my legs.

Vincent picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, making my mouth gag move.

I moved my jaw, making the gag go up more towards my nose.

Being thrown over Vincent's shoulder was uncomfortable, his narrow and boney body barely holding me up, unlike Ryder. He was more muscle and broader.

"What do you hope to gain out of this?" I asked as Vincent kept walking. I think we are outside, I still can't see. I don't even know if it's day time or night.

"I want Ryder to feel the same as I do. He got everything handed to him."

I frowned. I could feel the jealousy amount again. "What? Ryder built his own company."

"Then brought out the family one, the one I was working in before he fired me."

"You stole his money!" I gasped. So it was true. I did over hear Ryder talking to his father over the possibility of the missing money leading back to Vincent, years ago.

"Ryder had his own business, he couldn't let me have the family one. I waited patiently for him to discard you. I knew about you before I even met you. I usually like Ryder's women. But he didn't lose any interest in you. Instead he marries you!" Vincent puffed out. Him carrying me and walking was making him grow weary. I could feel it.

"So I grew impatient and sent those photos. I know someone that excels in photoshop." He added as I heard a car door open.

Vincent threw me in, making me hit my head. I cried out in the pain as it throbbed.

"I thought I had my revenge when he divorced you and I was happy with that outcome. Till the other week." His voice darkened and I knew what he meant.

The brunch at his parents. "What about your parents?" I asked softly, talking now hurt. I felt the weight on top of me as I froze. I still couldn't see, Vincent was on top of me, in a car. Oh god is this it?

But all he did was fix up my mouth gag, preventing me from talking again. Vincent climbed off me and slammed the door shut before opening another one.

"What about them?" He asked in a bored tone. "They aren't really my parents."

What?

"They adopted me when I was two. Just like they adopted Ryder when he was around three. I know they wanted another child. I remember them telling us they were going to give us a sister. But they never did."

My mind was blown. But instead of thinking about that both the Anderson males where adopted, it gave me an idea of a thesis, for my final paper.

Snap out of it, I told myself. The car had started up and it was a hard sound, heavy, old. I'm being kidnapped and I am thinking about my masters? I groaned at my stupidity.

I couldn't ask any more questions as I tried to concentrate on where Vincent was heading. It's too late now. The clues I gave Ryder, only half was now useful.

I told him to give Rowan siblings, hoping that it was enough to tell Ryder it was his sibling.

Vincent had stopped talking and the road trip was bumpy and hard. I had a feeling we were in an old vehicle. I heard a phone ring, but it wasn't mine.

Vincent answered it. "Hey, mum."

My heart raced as I eavesdropped.

"Really? That's terrible. How awful. She just up and left? I knew she was bad news. I tried telling you that, but you wouldn't listen."

Liar! I wanted to scream, but it was only muffled noise.

"Yeah, I'm still in Adelaide. I guess I can. Yeah, I can't get there till next week though."

Adelaide? Doesn't anyone know he is up here? He said earlier he was going to be the brother, play the brother role. I knew he was bullshitting.

"Okay. Bye."

"So, guess who is public enemy number one, Rhea?" I heard Vincent. "You really blew your chances now."

No, I thought to myself, not if you get caught.

I wanted my son, but I knew he was with Ryder and he is safe. Ryder's parents must be oblivious to Vincent's plans.

****

I was thrown in to a dark room. Vincent half carried, half dragged me inside and dropped me on the ground. I groaned out in the pain as I heard a door close and lock.

I sighed through my nose. I don't think I will be found here.

It felt like ages before the sound of the door unlocked and squeaked open. My senses were in over drive since I couldn't see and I tried to crawl back, but I was too slow.

Vincent grabbed the rope that had my hands tied together and pulled me up, dragging me across the room. I had to follow him, walking backwards. My shoulders felt like they were going to pop out. I cried out in the pain, but that did nothing.

With a push, I was falling and bounced on my landing.

It felt like a mattress. Vincent spun me over, my face buried in to the mattress as he untied my hands.

This is it. This might be my only chance. I tried blocking out the emotions, then realised, I need Vincent's anger.

I stilled as I felt the ropes loosen on my hands as I tried channelling his emotions. The rage, it was ugly and disturbing and it shook me. It felt like Ryder's rage, but his was because someone threatened his family. This, Vincent's, was jealousy.

As soon as my hands were freed, Vincent rolled me over and took my right hand, pressing down on to me even more.

This is my only chance. I raised my left hand and went wild, thrashing it around, slapping and scratching at him.

It threw Vincent a bit off guard and he tightened his grip on my right hand as he tried getting my other.

I thrashed my body, trying to kick him and hurt him more. I knew I won't escape, but I'll try with my dying breathe. I felt my nails dig into Vincent's hand that was holding me and my other hand hit his face. I dug my nails in to him, scratching him deep as he yelled out in the pain.

He released my right hand and it went flying as well, trying to leave as many marks on him as possible.

I went for the blindfold, moving it and I saw him as my aim went straight to him. I had scratched my own face in the process of removing my blindfold and I could feel the stinging, but I ignored it as I let the anger take over. I saw the marks all over him, the blood slowly running down his face and I felt triumphant.

Then I felt a blow in my stomach, making me loose my breathe. I was winded and it was hard to suck in air with my mouth gagged.

Then I felt another blow. "You bitch!"
Then another. The pain rippled through me and I heard a crack, making me sob out. I tried to kick him away, but I screamed in pain and then the thump of his fist collided with my head and all went black.