prologue

1792
Monschau, Germany

Attacks from Unknown Animal Terrify Small Town of Monschau

"Twenty-three lives were lost in just four days," says local coroner Hans Michael Carl. "It's something I've never seen before." 

Before this week, the quaint village knew no harm, no violence, no disturbance. Now, it's legacy has been tainted with the blood of innocent lives taken too soon. The deaths strike fear in the hearts of long-time residents Peter and Milena Weyer, who say that they no longer feel safe to remain in their home.

It is still uncertain what creature has wandered into open light. It's teeth are sharper and stronger than all known native animals to the area, and much quicker. Someone still has yet to catch a clear glimpse of the creature. 

Until the animal is located and it's species determined, all residents of Monschau, and Germany in its entirety, are urged to stay indoors indefinitely. 

-•-•-

1824
Kirkcudbright, Scotland

Series of Gruesome Animal Attacks Threaten Kirkcudbright

Just a kilometer away from the River Dee is where a twenty-three-year-old woman was found shivering next to an unidentified male corpse. Authorities have said that she claimed to see a "wolf with big yellow eyes" charge up to the man before fatally mauling him.

The official report states that "the deceased attempted to force himself onto the woman moments before the animal appeared." 

While police have searched the woods night and day, it still remains unclear where the animal escaped to. Until it is found and captured, it is recommended that under no circumstances should you come within a five mile radius of the River Dee and it's surrounding forest.

Cases with similar details were reported less than a month ago, just outside of the Irish Sea. Twenty-seven-year-old Hubert Willis and younger brother Deitrich Willis were seen walking the hiking trail, but never returned. Authorities found their bloodied bodies several hours later with large animal tracks receding away from the scene. 

Any information pertaining to the attacks should be reported to Kircudbright Police immediately. Any and all tips that lead to the animal's capture will receive generous compensation.

-•-•-

1877
Sigtuna, Sweden

Grizzly Death of Local College Student Arises Urgent Questions

How, when, and why are all excellent inquiries we should be considering upon the investigation of alleged animal attacks in the heart of Sigtuna, a relatively small city in Sweden. 

Yesterday evening, the body of beloved 19-year-old Hugh Svensson was discovered in a wooded area several miles from his home. After a thorough examination from a coroner, the exact cause of death is inconclusive. There are the obvious major internal and external injuries, but no professional has been able to comment on what animal is responsible for such carnage. 

What we do know, however, is this: the sheer depth and severity of the wounds are indicative of "claws," similar to that of a bear, and the bit marks located on the jugular and on the forearms show deep, gouging damage, as if the animal's teeth were miniature knives.

The hunt for the animal rages on, and authorities and local hunters have banded together in one common goal: to kill the deadly predator with whatever means necessary.

-•-•-

1919
Chicago, Illinois

Gruesome Animal Mauling Causes City-Wide Panic

With the face of wealthy twenty-year-old Michael Davenport plastered on every cornerstone throughout Chicago, the backstory surrounding his death is even more ominous.

On Saturday, September 30th, 1919, young entrepreneur Michael Davenport was found death - mauled by an animal - outside of his office building. This arises the question: where did the vicious animal come from?

With case details too graphic to print on paper, the Chicago PD has dubbed this question their number one priority. Searches have been launched into every known park, forest, and wildlife reserve in the state. Such tactics were urged by the Davenport patriarch, former businessman legend Walter Davenport, who issued a statement to the public just yesterday.

"I want whatever beast that killed my son found, and I want it killed," Davenport senior expressed to reporters. 

Authorities say that it was most likely a provoked bear that escaped it's enclosure, but so far that is only a speculation. 

Before the horrific accident occurred, Mr. Davenport had been acquitted of charges of sexual assault in the first degree - a very serious charge for a young man of such legacy. He was found the morning after his "celebratory dinner," his lawyer detailed to The Chicago Sun-Times.

If you have any information regarding the spotting of a large animal, the Chicago PD requests that you report it immediately, though, under no circumstances should you attempt to approach it. 

Whatever animal it may be, it is considered to be highly vicious and easily provoked. Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to approach it.

-•-•-

a/n;
this was just kind of a little background on Ylva and what she's been up to over the past 200-ish years. she likes to kill douchebags in her free time, if you couldn't tell lol. the first chapter should be up soon! thank you all for reading <3 ily