Chapter Ten: In Friends We Trust

Start from the beginning

“You can never talk about me defending bad people.” I said chuckling a little. He smiled.

“Kai Alexander isn’t a bad guy. Neither is Kyle, as I’ve said. They only lost their way. For the moment they don’t accept us being mates. But I can feel that they’ll accept it sometime in the future and come back to us.”  I just sighed heavily and leaned my head up against the window. 

“I have a question.” I said. 

“Mhm?” Ashton hummed. 

“I doubt you know my friends—Roxanne and Candy.” I said. Ashton just laughed. “What?’

“I know those two. Roxanne Hardy and Candice Yearling, right?” Ashton asked. I turned to him and gaped. 

“What? How?” I asked. 

“They’re recently turned werewolves, just like you. Their parents were apart of the pack, and as you know our pack had dispersed, their parents are like yours—always gone. They know of werewolves, they should.” 

“What do you mean they should?” I asked.

“Roxanne Hardy is Zyre’s sister.” Ashton said smiling. My eyes widened.

“He’s never spoken of a sister.” I said. 

“I know, not everyone knows.” Ashton said. “He was only trying to protect her, but didn’t stop her from shifting. Candice on the other hand, she has the genetics of a werewolf that was once apart of our pack.” 

“How do you know all of this?” I asked.

“I’m supposed to know, it’s my job.” He smiled parked my car in his enormous garage. “But, what about your friends?”

“I wanted them to come over, to talk to them—and so they could meet you since I told them you were my boyfriend.” I said. 

“Ooh, that would be really interesting.” Ashton said amused.

“What?” I asked.

“Seeing Zyre protective of someone.” Ashton laughed. “Because you and I both know my friends are gonna eat her alive.”

“Oh, yeah.” I said then thought about it. That would be pretty hilarious. “So can they come?”

“I don’t have a problem with it.” Ash said and got out the car. I got out and sent Roxie the directions to Ashton’s house. Ashton grabbed my bag from the trunk and walked into his house. He took my stuff upstairs with me following behind him. 

“Ash?” I said closing the door behind myself. 

“Yes, cupcake?” Ashton asked taking my things out. 

“What did Kyle mean by you’re an Elder?” I asked unbuttoning his flannel shirt. 

“It’s my job.” Ashton said. “My dad was an Elder, my father’s father was an Elder, and my grandfather’s father was an Elder, who was Fenris.” I took the shirt off and grabbed a bra and slipped it on, along with some other clothes while Ashton was helping me put my things away. “You can only be an Elder by blood, and you must be firstborn. An Elder is a part of the Werewolf Council, every species has a council—a set of Elders. Elders are very, very powerful through strength and intellect. It’s said that the Elders are the closest to the Spirits because they can do certain things that Second Generation Werewolves can’t do. That’s obviously not true, the reason why Elders can do what they do is because they’re First Generation Werewolves, sure, they’re closer to the Spirits because they were chosen by the Spirits but that’s about it.”