Chapter Ten: In Friends We Trust

Start from the beginning

“Hey!” I heard from the other line. “I’d been trying your phone all morning.”

“Hey, Roxie, sorry I was at my… boyfriends.” I said. Roxie made an ‘ooh’ noise in approval. I just giggled. I heard Candy in the background squealing.

“You have a BOYFRIEND?” I heard in the background. I laughed.

“Yeah, that’s why I’ve been so busy. I’m really sorry for ignoring you guys and pushing you all off to the side.” I said sincerely. 

“That’s totally fine, as long as you didn’t forget about us. That’s all that matters right?” Roxie asked. “We’d hate to lose you, Myra-moo, you’re a really great friend.” I frowned when I heard that because I thought about what Ashton told me. I hadn’t been completely honest with them and I really needed to.

“Are you two busy today?” I asked. 

“Uhhhh… no. No, we’re not, why what’s up?” I heard Candy in the background. 

“I’ll probably have to ask my boyfriend about it, but um, how would you like to meet him? It’s not just that but I need to talk to you guys about a lot of things and I won’t be at my house.” I said. “Too much shit here.”

“Uh! Of course we wanna meet this guy!” Roxie said. “Ask your boyfriend about it and let us know what’s going on, okay? Talk to you later!” the call ended and I finished packing my things, with a smile. Ashton makes me realize a lot of things when he lectures me. I chuckled and zipped my bag up. I carried it downstairs to where the boys had been standing, they were gone now. 

“Ash?” I asked. I searched the house and found them in the living room, K.D and his crew were all defensive, and Ashton was just casual. 

“Give me one reason why I shouldn’t attack you right now?” K.D growled.

“You can’t touch him.” Kai said. 

“He’s too powerful, he’s an Elder.” Kyle said his eyes hard. 

“Are you ready?” Ashton asked. I nodded. “Well then, we’ll be on our way. Don’t worry about attending her birthday party.” 

“You can’t fucking do that, Ashton.” Kai stepped in. Ash raised his brows and stood up and made his way over to me.

“I can. She’s my soul mate. Yeah, I know she’s your sister—don’t get me wrong I completely understand that. But wherever you go your dumb alpha goes. And he’s bound to do something to my mate that I’m quite sure I would kill him over. If you’re able to come by yourself, sure. I’m sure your sister would want you to be there.” Ash said. I shook my head.

“No, I don’t.” I said meeting Kai’s eyes. “I’m tired of that excuse, you don’t defend me, you just stick me into more shit I don’t want to be in. Go back to wherever you’ve been hiding out for four years. I’m sorry.” I turned away taking Ash’s hand, I couldn’t stay for his heartbreak or his response. Knowing that Ashton was always in my head I walked out the living room and picked up my bag, I walked out the door quickly shutting it behind me and put my stuff in the car. Ashton didn’t wait before driving off. 

“I apologize for putting you in that position.” Ashton said. “It must have been very uncomfortable for you, emotionally.”

“No, because Kai needed to know.” I said. “I’ll take him back when he gets rid of K.D, but until then he’s not my brother.” I said softly. Ashton took my hand and squeezed it. 

“He’ll always be your brother, whether you’re pissed at him or not. You two share the same blood, the same origins.” Ash said. “He’s only lost his way.”