I jumped when my phone rang and fumbled for it. Unknown number.

"Yes?"

"Get out off the car and head up the trail." Came the gruff voice. "When the trail forks, take a left."

The phone went dead. Taking deep breathes, I got out off the car and closed the door, locking it. I did as I was told as I slipped my phone and car keys in to my hand, walking on the dirt in my wedges.

The ground was uneven and rocks and twigs were every where. I finally got to the fork in the path and checked my phone. I had to go left. I understood why I'm so deep in here now. I have no phone coverage.

I quickened my pace, just wanting my son. I took my shoes off, walking in my little socks.

"Anyone here?" I cried out as I ventured further. I heard movement behind me and spun, staying in one spot. "Hello?"

I tried to look for the movement, but the shrubbery was thick, the trees so close together, and anything could have made the noise.

I took another step forward, not sure on what to do now. I had no further instructions.

I heard a noise again and then pain. I groaned as my hand flew to the pain, feeling something in my leg.

Looking down, I frowned. A dart? I ripped it out and looked at it. My left leg, the one that got hit, started getting numb, like I had pins and needles as I half fell.

I tried walking, dragging my leg, but my eyes got heavy and I collapsed, blackness surrounding me.

****

Flashback
Ryder stayed in the distance as he watched Rhea enter the building. He had found her.

It was a surprise to him to see she was still in the city. He thought she would have left, moved elsewhere, even New York with Gabriel.

A lot of things didn't add up to him though. He now knew that he was wrong and she didn't have an affair but from the reports he got, some didn't make sense.

How come she was in a three bedroom house? It was only her, unless Gabriel was back. He didn't check up on that. He assumed she was still in New York.

Ryder knew that Rhea worked for Soul, but what position was hers? He had her home address, her work address, both phone numbers and her mobile.

He wasn't the best on doing background checks himself, he usually hires someone else to do them, but he didn't want anyone to know he was looking for her.

Ryder stayed in the car a bit longer, trying to figure out how to win his wife back. He shredded the photo evidence years ago, with the divorce papers he never sent.

He couldn't show up out off the blue at her work. He will have to do it while she was in her house.

Everyday for a week now, he watched her walk in to the building before going to work himself. The passenger seat of his car had a few copies of Soul magazine and he hoped they held a little key to what she does in the magazine.

Ryder found himself enjoying himself on the advice column, hoping that was his Rhea, but the pen name was only R.

Maybe he should write to the column, to get a hint or two.

Ryder didn't like the waiting game, but he knew he would have to be patient. He was even desperate enough to take her away, but he knew she will cry kidnap.

He will do anything to have her back in his life. It's been nearly four years, after Rhea walked away after she thought they got divorced. It was that sight, how upset she was, her silently crying but loudly protesting, her back to him, that he believed her.