Part I

Sometimes in a world where you don't know what people value more, money or loyalty, you must grow up and faster than most. Sometimes you must fight through so many obstacles and sometimes you must bite the bullet and make it out somewhere. I am a living testimony to how you make it in this world. My name is Kasha Saraine Delancy but everybody calls me Kash or KJ for short. You can call me the Princess of Charlotte.... more so the Charlotte Drug trade. My parents were Daniela Martinez-Delancy and Kashon Delancy, the Queen and King of the drug world in Charlotte, North Carolina. I know you are probably questioning what a small city in a country ass state knows about the drug world. Don't ever sleep on the city. Charlotte is home to some of the biggest bosses and queens that you ever did see. My parents were two of the best. I speak in past tense because my parents were killed in a car explosion when I was 5. Cops ruled it as an accident by faulty car parts, but the hood and the gang already knew what it was. My parents were killed by somebody or some group who deemed my parents a success....and a liability. I was a daddy's girl and I was truly devastated when I loss them both. I felt like my life had been ripped apart down to the core. How was I supposed to survive without the two people who loved me the most? I was sent to live with my aunt and uncle, who also doubled as my parents' best friends. My aunt Carmen is my mother's sister and took me in and loved me like her own daughter. My uncle Terrence was my father's best friend and protects me like no other. Their twin daughters Jaylen and Kaylen are my best friends and we ride this life out like the bad bitches that we are....... well I'm speaking too much. I think WE should tell you this story.

Kash
"Graduated from the U of Finesse." – Dreezy, Chanel Slides
"Students make sure you turn in those final papers to me by tomorrow evening. I wouldn't want any of you lacking before graduation next week", said my Economics professor. I grabbed my things and walked out of class with pure joy written on my face. This was my last class of my senior year and I couldn't help but to be proud of myself. I was 21 years old and graduating from Johnson C. Smith University with a degree in Business. Life could not be any better now. The only goal major goal my parents had for me was to gain knowledge and be a leader in life and I put my heart into fulfilling that goal for them. I was relieved and happy for other reasons as well. Since I was officially done with school, my best friends and I could now put our plan into action. During the last four years, we have been sketching, planning, and grinding to open and invest in a foreclosed strip mall on the eastside of Charlotte. We would allow African American business owners to open up some shops and thrive, including a House of Kash boutique by myself, a gun range by Jay, and a Tomboy sneaker/heel boutique by Kay.
I was so lost in these thoughts that I did not notice the non-moving object in front of me. By the time I looked up, it was too late. I fell flat on my butt with my phone and books dropping, hitting the pavement. "Oh man, little ma, are you good?" said the deepest, yet sexiest baritone voice I've ever heard. Getting up and rubbing the dirt off of my butt, I looked deeply into the most gorgeous set of hazel eyes. I stepped back and took in this person at a glaze. He stood at least 6'3 with caramel colored that looks like it had been kissed by the sun. He was wearing a concerned look on his face and those eyes almost had me melting to the ground. "Little ma, you are staring a little hard." He chuckled. I shook off my embarrassment and glared at him. "Well I wouldn't be staring if you hadn't been in my way" I spat at him. I'm not sure where this sudden burst of anger came from but I felt violated that he caught me staring. He tilted his head and looked at me sideways. "Well if I recall, it was you who wasn't looking up ma and with

all due respect, you can leave your attitude on the ground cause I'm not beat for it.". I shook my head and gathered my belonging and proceeded to walk away. I was about to be late for a lunch date with Kay and Jay, and I definitely did not have time for the foolishness. As I was walking away, I could feel a pair of eyes on me so I swung my long ombre natural hair to the side and looked back. Sure enough, Hazel eyes was staring so I put more of a switch into my walk and strutted off.
I was cruising in my BMW X5 down South Caldwell street when I decided to call my besties to remind them about our lunch date. "Kaaaaaaay!" I yelled into the car speaker. Kay began to chuckle in my ear. "Kash, why do you have to yell mama? Usted esta loca." she laughed. I smiled and got to business. "Look, I'm officially finished. I just left campus for my last class, girl. Operation Graduation is in full effect." I said. There was a short pause before Kay spoke. "Kash, I'm so proud of you baby. This is the day you've been waiting for. All those long nights, study cram sessions, and fast food eating has paid off, baby girl. Let's get this money. Live fast..." she said. "And die slow...." I spoke back. "We all we got" we both said in unison. I smiled at the phrase that Jay came up with years before when we were silly high school girls that knew nothing about the fast life. Things changed for us really quickly during our junior year. Shaking those thoughts out my head, I got off the phone with her and cruised through downtown to our favorite restaurant, McCormick and Schmick's. It was a high-priced restaurant, but it was perfect for this moment. No more struggling, no more bad days......it was on from there.
Kay
After hanging up the phone from Kash, I immediately got down on my knees and praised God because we were finally making moves. Let me introduce myself though, I'm Kaylen Brianna Martinez- Jones but most know me as Kay. I am a 5'4 Dominican and Black bombshell with a Coca-Cola body shape. I rock 22 inches of my REAL natural curly hair that is lightly colored blonde and it rests atop a firm but plump derriere. I am the brains of the trio and the most observant. I peep things with these hazel-