Chapter 4

✖️Dinner✖️

SCARLETTE'S POV:

I was in my living room watching some random show that was on, while eating some chips when my mom interrupted me by pausing the tv. "Hey I was watching something!" I said.

"Scarlette, I hope you already picked out and outfit to wear tonight." mom said, sternly. Geez, what's her problem she's never like this, until you know, it's That time or month. "Uh, why would I have picked out an outfit tonight?" "WHAT?! Did you really just ask me that?!" guess it is That time.

"Uh, yeah, I really have no idea why you're flipping out because I haven't picked out an outfit for tonight... On that note, what's tonight that I MUST have an outfit ready?" I know I'm pushing it, but it's kind of fun, haha! "Scarlette! Did Matt NOT tell you yesterday?!" mom said very over dramatic... Oh yeah! The dinner!

"OHHHH! Yeah we're having dinner at one our neighbors' house. Why do I need an outfit for that?" "Scarlette, I don't want us to look unprofessional when we go there. I'd like to make a good impression, since we are starting fresh. I wouldn't want Karen to think that we are some Americans who dress like hobos. Now please get off your lazy bottom, and pick out an outfit."

Sheesh, mom is really stressing out about this dinner. Who cares what that lady, who's name is Karen, thinks of us.

"Fine." I said. I didn't want to argue with mom, because I'm pretty sure if I start something, she'll rip my head off. So it's better to just listen, I mean, I don't want to be headless, now would I?

I reached my room and started looking through my closet. "Hmm" I keep rummaging through it, until I find a good enough outfit. I'm going to be wearing a nice purple top, a black skirt, and black flats. I lay everything out on my bed, just to make sure I'm happy with it.

"This better be good enough for mom's expectations." I say. It's already five o'clock, two hours until the dinner, so I go into the bathroom to shower and get ready. After my shower, I put my clothes on and start doing my hair. My hair was already wavy, since I was just in water, so I just touched it up a little bit.

I put on mascara, since that's what I regularly use. I hate makeup, and plus I'm fourteen and I don't need to cake my face with it. Ha, trying telling that to the girls at my old school. I go in my room and see that it's 5:37.

"SCARLETTE!!" I hear mom call. Great. I go downstairs to see what she wants. "Yes?" "I'm going to quickly make some cookies, which ones do you think they'd like? Sugar or chocolate chip?" "Why not both?" I said, since they were both my favorite. "Okay, well since they are from the package I hope they won't take too long. Sugar and chocolate chip it is! Thanks Scar." "No problem."

I head into the living room and decide I should call Serenity. I haven't talked to her since my last day. I go and grab the house phone and ring Serenity. She picked up after two rings! "Hello?"

"Hey Serenity, it's Scar!" "OH MY GOD HEY! I HAVENT TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVER, HOW IS IT THERE, IS THERE ANY CUTE BOYS? HAVE YOU DRANK THE TEA, DID YOU MEET THE QUEEN?!"

"Really Serenity, of course I didn't meet the queen! I haven't tried the tea, but I really want to, and there is this one guy..." "WHO IS HE WHATS HIS NAME?!" "Calm down, and I don't know anything about him, except he lives across the street from me, and yeah. Haha." "OHH okay, so what's up?" "Well we're going to one of our neighbors' house to have dinner, kind of like a welcome to the neighborhood sort of thing, and yeah."

"Oooh, I see, sounds cool!" "I guess, mom is really stressing though, she wants to make a good impression. Yeah, try finding a different family to take our place if you want to make a good impression.." "HAHAHA, SCAR!!" Serenity laughs, oh I love how I can make her laugh so easily, aha. "SCARR! TIME TO GO!" Mom said. "Ugh, it's time to go, I'll talk to you later, I miss you byeee!" "Miss you more!! Byee Scar!" Serenity said.