• D U O •

{okay so you can't see it in the picture, but the toilet is near the bathtub on the other side of a wall. And in the picture, the shower is in the left corner near the bathtub}

L I L A ~
Yawning, I sit up in my bed and stretch my arms out. I turn my alarm off and throw the covers off of me, getting out of bed. I rub my eyes and walk towards my bathroom. I turn the shower on and undress out of my pajamas. After making sure that the temperature of the water was just right, I step in and close the door behind me.

• ~ •

     Glancing at myself in the mirror one last time, I smile and leave my room

     Glancing at myself in the mirror one last time, I smile and leave my room. I walk down the stairs and head towards the kitchen where mom and dad sat eating breakfast. "Morning mom, dad," I say grabbing a banana from the basket on the island. "Good morning darling," dad greats looking up from the news paper. "Excited for your first day?" Mom asks. I shrug as I peel the banana open. "I get to see my friends so I guess," I reply taking a bite from the fruit.

      "Speaking of friends," I perk up as I what the sound of a car honking. "See you on Friday," I say giving them both a kiss on the cheek before leaving. I close the front door behind me and smile at the sight of Ryan standing next to his black Range Rover. "Ry!" I squeal as I get closer to him. I wrap my arms around him, pulling him into a hug. He chuckles hugging me back. "I missed you," I say, my voice being muffled from the fact that my face was in his jacket. "I missed you to short stack," he says as we pull away. "Hey! I'll have you know I grew three inches over the summer!" I exclaim as he walks around to get in the car. I follow, sitting in the passenger seat. "Your still short," Ryan deadpans making me send him a mock glare.

    "Just drive," I say. "Yes ma'am," he says tipping a fake hat and starting his car up. He pulls away from my house and I look out the window, watching all the cars, houses, and people that we pass by. I wonder how valuable they are to someone. What would happen if they were taken away or given up? Would the cars be that clean? Would the houses still look as nice? Would the person still be the same?  I doubt it. "Back in the car," Ryan says snapping me out of my thoughts.

    "You okay Lila?" He asks looking at me with concern. "Yea, just thinking about how this year is gonna be," I say giving him a fake smile. "We're gonna rule the school this year," he smiles proudly. "I highly doubt that," I say as he pulls into the school parking lot. "We are, you just have to learn how to open up to people," he says turning the car off. "I'll try," I say grabbing my backpack and getting out of the car. I close the door and turn, talking one step before I'm picked up and twirled around. "Lils! A very familiar voice says as I catch the flash of red hair. "Rach!" I reply with as much enthusiasm as her. She puts me down and I send her a smile.

    "It's been forever since I saw you!" Rachel exclaims. "You seen each other last weekend," Aubrey says waking up to us. "I know, but it feels like forever," Rachel exaggerates. "So you excited for sophomore year?" Aubrey asks as we all start walking into the school. "Whats there to look forward to? Homework, homework, and more homework? I think not. I'm trying this new thing called not working this year," Ryan says as he gets his schedule from the ladies who say best the entrance, handing other students their schedules.

   "How are you supposed to stay on the football team if you get bad grades?" I ask. He freezes and sends me a glare. "Go Legals!" I cheer, giggling at him as the football played pass him, giving him pats on the back. "We expect you to be as good as last year Yohn," one of the quarterbacks says before they all walk away. Ryan sighs looking at me. "Fine, if I can't keep to my word then you can't either. So no staying quiet Lila," he says making my face fall slightly.
"I'm not quiet, I'll have you know that I have friends other then you," I defend myself.

   "The cheerleading squad doesn't count because you have to be friends with them since your in the team," he says. "I'm with Ryan in this one, you need to step out of your comfort zone Lils," Rachel says. I groan just as the bell rings. "Fine I'll make more friends but if I embarrass myself then I'm blaming you two !" I say pointing to them. I pull Aubrey with me to first period since me and her had it together. Sighing, I look around. Welcome to your sophomore year in Atlas Academy Lila, lets hope you survive.
◦  •  ◦  •  ◦  •  ◦
WC: 835