Chapter 3: Down By The Seaside

Citlali's POV

The man threw his sour breath at my face again and I turned towards the lake.

'' You canadians have a lovely lake.'' he slurred again

''You're not from here?'' I said, not wanting to turn around so I'd receive his alcohol breath on my face

''Can't you tell,love? Isn't the accent enough?'' he said again, laughing a little.

'' I don't know. If I could see your face, I'd try to recognize if you were really from here.'' I pressed, wanting to know what the fisher's hat was hiding.

'' Not likely.'' he slurred sweetly

Jimmy's POV

I wondered the streets, taking more swigs from the bottle, the names of the streets starting to blur and becoming illegible. The last avenue I'd taken,was called Spadina avenue, and I'd snorted at the name because it rhymed a lot with another word which started with a V. Though, I couldn't really call it to my mind at the moment. I walked for a long time, until my bare feet were cold from the street and my legs were aching with the effort. I finally found the lake, and I cheered, taking the last drink from the bottle in one swift movement and loving how it made my throat feel raw. I smashed it against a lampost, careful not to step on the shards with my bare feet and I found a patch of grass that looked comfortable enough, just in front of the lake, and I sat there, not knowing what I was waiting for and I stared into the complexity of the lake, remembering Nietzsche's quote:

'' And if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. '' I snorted, I was rather philosophical when I had a few joints and a bottle of whiskey in my system. Robert would love to hear that.

I noticed a girl come and sit beside me, I don't think she saw me though. And I stared at her for a while. She was panting, and her cheeks were flushed, she was probably going for a jog, at this ungodly hour. Maybe she's high, like I am. I snorted a little, and saw that she was staring at the water too.

''Beautiful, isn't it?'' she looked up, surprised and she nodded. She asked me if I was Canadian, which I said I wasn't, and that the accent was enough to prove that. She'd hinted that if I took off my hat, she'd maybe recognize me as a foreigner, but I had to stay hidden, I don't even remember why anymore. I'd seen this girl before, somewhere. Maybe at the concert. She had emerald green eyes and very light brown hair that hung down to her waist. Right now, she had it pulled up in a braid by her side. She was wearing a light blue shirt that said Nurses do it better in white letters. I stifled a laugh, Robert would love that shirt. 

'' What's so funny?'' she asked, looking at me again. Her piercing eyes trying to get a good look at my face.

'' Nothing, nothing.'' 

''Aren't you hot, with that hat and all?'' 

''Yes... very... Oh, bollocks.'' I said, peeling off the overcoat and taking out the hat as I brushed my hair back from my face.

I saw her eyes widen and she stuttered '' You..you're.. ohmygod, you're Jimmy Page. I saw you like three hours ago, and you're here. '' Yes, she was in the concert. ''How? What? Why? What the hell...?'' I laughed as she babbled on, staring at me while her green eyes got huge with surprise. I felt a wave of nausea roll over me, and I had just about time to turn around and vomit on the grass. I sure as hell can take more alcohol than that. What the hell is wrong with me? Maybe I am sick. I sat up, and the girl was handing me a napkin. 

'' Thanks.'' I said, while I wiped my mouth.

'' Mr. Page. How much have you drunk?'' she said worriedly.

'' Call me Jimmy, love.'' I said, laughing. '' Just a bottle of Jack Daniels, and a joint.'' '' I can take much more than that.'' I added, not wanting her to think that I had a weak stomach. She rolled her eyes. 

''Do you know how to get back to your hotel, Jimmy?'' she asked, standing up. I looked around, the sky was beginning to lighten and you could hear the faint rumbling of the awakening of the city. ''No.'' I said. '' I came down an avenue called Spadina and I got here.'' I said, laughing at the name. 

'' Do you want me to walk you home?'' she said, her facial expression unreadable. 

''Only if you can stay with me.'' I said, winking. She rolled her eyes again, and I wondered why she wasn't drooling all over me yet. She placed her hands on her hip and she said in a cold voice.

''Do you want me to leave you here?'' I thought about the option for a second, but a wave of nausea rolled over me again and I vomited. She handed me another napkin and she wrapped an arm around my waist, wrapping my own arm around her shoulders as she steadied me. 

'' I'm taking you to your hotel and that's the end of it, you're sick.'' she said, smiling a little.

'' Thanks, love.'' I said as she placed the hat on my head again so it covered my face. It was weird, I was actually glad she'd found me, as I was beginning to feel worse and worse.