Chapter 17: The Song Remains The Same

Citlali's POV

"Are you purring?" I said with a giggle, feeling him lean into my hand.

"No." he mumbled, clearing his throat and sitting up.

I smiled. He gave me a wink and placed a finger against his lips. I nodded my complicity.

I looked to my right, seeking Robert. He was asleep under a bough, his golden hair fanned out around him. His hands rested on his stomach.

I smiled.

"Hey, Moon wants to explore, do you want to come?" Roger asked me, his eyes smouldering. I'd never succumbed to men because of their looks, and I wasn't going to start now.

"No, thank you. I might sleep too." I declined politely.

He pressed his lips into a thin line but said nothing. The others stood, waving, and there I stayed with Robert and Jimmy.

"Do you have any other of those corn patties?" he asked, peering over my shoulder.

"Arepas? I think, let me see." I searched inside the bag and pulled one out.

"Thank you, love." he teased. "I'll walk along the boardwalk. See you in a while."

I waved shyly. He waggled his eyebrows and I blushed. I sat closer to Robert. Before I could stop myself I ran my fingertips along the line of his nose and stopped at the lips.

I felt his cool breath against them and smiled. I bent down to place my lips against his, claiming the kiss that Cyrano had denied me.

I felt his lips respond against mine and I smacked his chest.

"Oh you're awake, you pretending bastard." I said, outraged.

Robert's POV

I opened my eyes, laughing. I winced a little at the blow but the look on her face made me ignore the pain.

She sat up, angrily, giving me her back and mumbling something.

"Citlali, i'm sorry." I pleaded, trying not to smile at the lingering feeling of her lips on mine.

She said nothing.

"I'm sorry. Come here, let me make it up to you." I begged, taking on a slightly flirtatious tone.

She spun, raising an eyebrow and sat down quickly beside me. I was surprised by her compliance and felt slightly suspicious.

She lay on the grass and placed her head on my stomach.

"You're not angry, are you?" I wondered.

"Shush, Robert. I'm trying to sleep here." she snapped.

Citlali's POV

Make him pay, make him pay; my bad conscience whispered invitingly.

I felt his chest shake with silent laughter. I turned over so I could face him.

His laugh turned into a soft smile as we met eyes. He placed his hand against my neck, stroking softly.

"Pretending bastard." I murmured but stopped as his fingertips brushed against my lips.

He brushed my hair to the side, his hand travelling down to the nape of my neck.

I moved slightly, getting closer to his face. Aching to taste his lips again. This time with the intention of having him conscious. Of feeling his mouth crush against mine and leave me gasping for air.

"Vendettas are crushed by lust." I murmured, leaning in to kiss him again.

Robert's POV

I smirked, triumphant and kissed her back.

I moved the hand that was resting on her neck down her back, wanting to press her closer.

She deepened the kiss, leaning softly against my chest. Her fingers tugged at curls of my hair and I gave a slight sigh.

So that's how Jimmy felt when she played with his hair, I wondered.

I bit down on her lip and felt her smile. She pulled away, slightly, her nose still brushing against mine.

"This doesn't mean I like Lord of the Rings." she teased.

"Doesn't mean I like Lewis Carroll." I said back.

"Glad we understand each other." she said, and then leant back.

I gripped her wrist, wanting to kiss her again but she stood, giving me a playful smile.

"Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?" she invited, quoting Lewis Carroll.

I raised an eyebrow. Dancing to what? I stood anyways, curious about that glint that shone in her eyes.

She wrapped an arm around my waist and gripped my hand with the other. She leant her head against the crook of my neck. I shivered at her cool breath against my skin and held her.

"Do you know La Mer?" she asked

"Charles Trenet?" I asked back, surprised that old 40's french music was in her repertoire.

Although she did live in a state next to Quebec, so it was probably understandable. 

"La mer, qu'on voit danser."

She hummed the rest.

"La mer, ses reflets changeants." she said

"Sous la pluie." I added, softly, swaying her from side to side.

We hummed together.

"Tell me who's Marius." I insisted.

Curiosity was far more superior than my wishes to keep on reading the book. Victor Hugo could get tiresome.

"Or what?" she challenged, her expression sharp, her smile mocking.

I let her fall to a side, holding her only by her back as if I were executing a complicated tango step.

"Or..." I said, bending down to place a kiss on her exposed neck.

"Still not going to tell you." she laughed, blushing slightly. I bent down to kiss her again.

----

yes hi okay

this is short

ich weiss nicht about what i'm doing so kay.

hooray.

please hate me