Chapter 13: Houses of the Holy

Jimmy's POV

I had a strong sense of déjà vu as I was dragged back to the hotel. The doctor had been right, surprisingly. Maya kept asking if I was alright and I groaned involuntarily every time I answered to reassure her.

We reached the room as I felt the nausea strike again. I ran to the bathroom and heaved into the sink, clutching the edges so tight that my knuckles paled. After I made sure that I wasn't going to throw up again, I sat on the floor, my head pressed against the edge of the bathtub, the porcelaine cold against my cheek. Someone knocked and I groaned. The door was opened and Citlali rushed in.

"Here." she said simply, handing me a bottle of water and placing clothes on the counter. I gave out a raspy sound that ressembled a thank you, and she was gone. I wished that I could stop acting like an ungrateful bastard.

Citlali's POV

I was protective of Jimmy and I didn't know why. I'd never manifested such a strong urge to take care of someone. I stood on the balcony, watching the sky blacken as the night approached.

"Are you excited about meeting The Who soon?" Robert's voice called.

He appeared beside me, placing his hands on the railing. He looked a little stricken. I nodded. We met eyes and he held my gaze for a while. His head dipped slightly and I blushed. He froze midway, suddenly doubtful. We watched each other again and he placed his fingers against my lips.

"Un baiser...une façon d'un peu se goûter, au bord des lèvres, l'âme." he said softly, quoting something that sounded a lot like Cyrano de Bergerac.

He smiled and then left me there, confused and surprised. As sleepiness kicked in I decided to lie down on the couch. The moment I set my head against the pillow, I fell into a deep sleep.

Robert's POV

I'd cowardly run off to my room, not being able to kiss her. She'd been so close, and yet I felt so scared to have her pull back. I'd made a fool of myself by quoting Cyrano and disappearing. As I came out again, wanting to mend what I'd done I found her lying on the couch. I turned the lights off, now that everyone was off in their own rooms and went to sleep myself.

Jimmy's POV

I splashed my face with cold water and gave a sigh. I argued over the idea of staying in the bathroom and sleeping on the floor or going to my room. The latter sounded far better and I opened the bathroom door to find the corridor dark. How could it be that those bastards were behaving so well? Was I the one creating the chaos? The disturbing element? I went into my room and swallowed the awful cough syrup, whom numbed the nausea. I lay on the bed, and not having realized how exhausted I was, I fell asleep.

Citlali's POV

The sound of wild laughter made me wake up startled. I squinted my eyes at the sudden light that came over the room.

"What the bloody hell?" I could hear Peter shouting as he threw his door open. I sat up, rubbed my eyes and fixed my gaze on the main door. The man laughing was none other than Keith Moon.

Robert's POV

Did they always have to wake me up like this? Couldn't they go on a wild rampage by day?

Although, the laugh was familiar, it wasn't Bonzo's or Jimmy's. I walked out of the room, scratching my bare chest and yawned.

"Moonie." I said, understanding. Citlali looked confused as she stared at him. He was grinning, a cigarette at the corner of his mouth. He puffed out the smoke and noticed her. He walked to her and planted a sudden kiss on her lips. My eyes widened and I saw her blush.

"Nice to meet you, beautiful." he said with a flourish and then came to hug me.

"I've got a bloody headache, what's all this noise?" Jimmy whined, coming out of his room wrapped in a blanket. He looked pale again.

"James Patrick Page, you look like shit." Moon remarked rather poshly. Jimmy broke into the smile as he saw his friend. Peter grumbled something and was gone again. They shook hands, shared a few jokes. I sat on the couch, watching Citlali protectively. She seemed to be still confused, as if she believed that she was dreaming. She sighed and slept again. I didn't know why I felt the urge to watch over her now that Moon was there.

Jimmy's POV

"You look like a ghost." he commented, chewing on the end of a cigar. I shrugged.

"Where are the others?"

"Sleeping off a hangover." he said with a breathy laugh, grabbing a bottle off the bar and taking a gulp. He offered but I shook my head. He frowned.

"Doctor's forcing him to not drink for the week." Robert called from the couch, smiling as the cheeky bastard he was. Keith let out a loud laugh.

"Unbelievable." he patted my back cheerfully and yawned.

"What time is it?" I hissed

"Around two in the morning." he replied simply

"I'm going back to bed." I said with finality, he didn't press on. I turned my back and settled back into a deep slumber.

Robert's POV

My eyelids began to feel heavy. My head began to drop. She'd be fine. For God's sake, it was just Moon. I saw him take a seat on the couch opposite to me and then I fell asleep.

Citlali's POV

I had always been an early riser, no matter how little I slept. I sat up and yawned, stretching and looking around. Keith was sprawled on the chair beside me...

THE Keith Moon. Not just any Keith.

He seemed wide awake, fidgety almost.

"Hello." I saluted huskily, suddenly embarrassed

"Hello, love." he said, giving me a smile. He seemed at ease, his back against one of the arms of the chair and his feet dangling from the other arm.

"Have you been awake all this time?" I said curiously

"Yes." he said simply, nodding his head and then letting it drop back.

"Can I ask you something Mr Moon?" I tempted politely. He chuckled.

"Keith. Yes?"

"What the hell are you on?" I said with a smile. He nodded and pressed a finger to his lips.

"It's a secret." He smiled mischieviously and settled deeper into the chair.

We spoke no more. It felt comfortable to be around him. Even if he kept twitching spasmodically. I had been waiting for the Keith that trashed hotel rooms to appear anytime soon but he remained spastically placid.

I settled back into the couch, and turned to see Robert on the other chair. His face was impassive, his golden hair framing it, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. His body was angled towards me and I took in the sight of him. The shirt let his lean arms show, his hands were crossed on his knees, his legs were folded under him. I detailed him, picturing him on a white page, created by the union of lines traced by a pencil. Keith hummed something and I turned my attention to him. He was chewing on the end of a long cigar and rocking his feet back and forth.

I heard a door open and the scuttling sound of feet come towards the couch.

"Morning Cit." Jonesy whispered.

"Jonesy." Moon smiled at him.

"Where are the others?" he asked in a hushed tone.

"Should be here soon." Moon said with a shrug.