Chapter 10

Imagine the picture on the side being how Harry and Niall were looking at one another on the slide aw so cute. Also some intense moments in this chapter muahaha. Anyway enjoy ;)

____________________________

“Hey, kid, you’re too tall, sorry.”

The little boy didn’t say anything, but slid off of the dinosaur floating in the middle of the pool.  It was a dinosaur float in the children’s pool that kids just loved to crawl all over for some reason.  The boy had already tried climbing on it three times, no matter how often I told him he was too tall.

I relaxed back into the lifeguard chair, and checked my watch to see what time it was.  I blew my whistle to signal the safety sweep, and started telling everyone to get out of the pool.

“Only for fifteen minutes,” I said to a lady who wasn’t getting out.

I took off my hip pack and whistle, set them in the chair, and hopped into the pool, along with all the other lifeguards.  I really didn’t even know why we even had this safety sweep thing.  None of us really checked the pool.  We were too busy cooling off finally from being in the sun for hours.

“Hey, Ni,” Harry swam up in front of me.

“Hey there, stranger.  How’s your day been?  I’ve barely seen you,” I said to him.

“I know.  It’s been torture,” Harry pouted, and I rolled my eyes.  “Pretty average.  This one girl was sitting on the rope by the deep-end and snapped it, so it’s taped to the wall right now.”

I laughed and told him about the kid who had kept climbing on the dinosaur.

“People like to break rules on Tuesdays, it seems,” Harry said, smiling.  “Hey, come on.  We’re doing a staff picture.”

“Right now?” I asked.

I noticed the lifeguards getting out of the pool and heading towards the stairs to the slide.

“Yeah, we’re all gonna slide down the slide together,” Harry wiggled his eyebrows.

“Seriously?  There’s no way we’ll all fit,” I said, my own brows wrinkling together.

“Seriously.  And that’s kind of the point,” Harry said.  “Come on, it’ll be fun.”

Harry placed two of his fingers between my eyebrows and smoothed out the crinkle there, getting water all over my face.  I rubbed my face against my shoulder in an attempt to get the water off, annoyed but laughing all the same.

“Stop frowning.  You don’t want to get frown lines when you’re older,” Harry said, mimicking my frown.

“Yes sir, I’ll try not to anymore, sir,” I said, saluting him.

Harry rolled his eyes and grabbed my wrist underwater, pulling me towards the edge so we could join everyone by the slides.  They were all standing around the opening of the open slide, and I looked over the edge of the railing to see that John was waiting at the bottom with his phone to take a picture.  I really didn’t think this was a good idea, but no one was gonna listen to me anyway, so I just dropped it.

We all kind of gathered around the entrance, and squeezed in, someone (probably Craig) cheering and whistling.  Harry sat down next to me, the both of us barely fitting when we sat side-by-side, let alone when Brian sat on my other side.

“Hey,” Brian said, laughing at my miserable expression.  “Cheer up, mate.”

“At least we agree on one thing,” Harry muttered under his breath, on my other side.