"Don't be so selfish Luke, he needs this." Calum said and I laughed at him. Not a happy laugh but an empty laugh to keep me from crying anymore.

"Me? Selfish?" I scoffed.

"Yes! He wanted you to be happy for him but you just keep throwing it in his face that he can't leave you?" Calum raised his voice slightly and I turned away.

"But-"

"No Luke, he let you go to New York because it was the right thing to do. You have to let him go and do this Luke." Calum said with a hand on my shoulder.

"This is two tears Calum, I can't be without him that long. I'll be so alone." I whimpered and I could see tears in Calum's eyes as well.

"You have me." He smiled sadly and I snapped my eyes up from the ground to look at him. I was being selfish because I still had Cal and Mikey.

"I know Cal." I said and pulled him into a hug. He rubbed my back soothingly until he pulled away to look at me with a smile.

"Come back inside, the awards are in a bit and I'm pretty sure we won." Calum winked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right Cal" I scoffed.

We won. We really won. We had the highest score out of all the bands, we won $5,000 and a chance to record an EP here in LA. We haven't stopped hugging each other since they told us and even now that we are packing up to leave, we can't wrap our heads around it.

"See I told you Luke!" Calum giggled and tossed an arm around my neck.

"Yeah, yeah." I chuckled and he planted and sloppy kiss to my cheek as a joke. I shoved him away and wiped his slobber off my face but we were both laughing. Ashton smiled at me and I did my best to offer him one back but I had too much to say to him.

"Boys! Congratulations!" Adam called out from behind me and I spun around to see him. Michael moved to shake his hand and Calum did the same.

"Thanks man." Michael offered and Ashton moved to stand behind me.

"So I guess we all know what's next." Adam smiled but we shook our heads. "We get to work on that EP." He laughed and we all went wide eyed.

"Seriously?" Calum squeaked.

"Yes, here's my card. You boys let me know when is best for you and congratulations." He handed the card to Mikey and walked off without another world. I reached over and snatched the card away from Michael, making him frown.

"I think it's best if we let my mother handle things." I said and we all burst into laughter. We continued to pick up and finally caught a cab back to our house. Calum and Michael hurried inside but Ashton stopped me before I could follow.

"Can we talk?" Ashton asked and I nodded with a small smile. We walked out to the beach to take a seat on our now familiar log and we both looked out to the water.

"I want you to go Ashton." I blurted out, looking down to the sand.

"Really?" He asked and made his eyes meet mine.

"Yes. It was so selfish of me to say all of those things to you." I admitted. Ashton leaned into me to rest his head on my shoulder with a sigh.

"I'm not having an easy time with this either Luke but it's something I have to do." He said quietly.

"I know." I whispered and kissed his head. He sat up straight with a tiny giggle and reached out towards the sand in front of us.

I watched as his finger traced through the sand, drawing something. He stuck his tongue out and made little squeaks as he drew in the sand. When he pulled back I couldn't help but giggle at what he drew. That damn arrow heart with my name in it.

"It's not as good as yours." He pouted and I laughed at him.

"Damn I'm going to miss you Ash." I sighed and he pulled me into another hug.

"Just think that in two years you could be a rock star." His accent was fully present and I let out a small laugh.

"Yeah right." I giggled and Ashton poked my dimple.

"A lot can happen in two years." Ashton said with a shrug.

That's what scared me the most.

>>>>
Sorry I'm like rapidly updating... I just have a lot of ideas

I'm still unsure whether I'm doing a sequel bc I don't know if I have enough ideas so as of right now I think I'm going to use these next 6 or so chapters to wrap things up and I promise you a very emotional epilogue in the end

Deal?

Thanks again for the support

Until I update again :)