3

Ok, so jumping out of a tree 15 feet in the air with a broken ankle probably wasn't a good idea, but it was my only option. Just before hitting the ground an uninvited memory waltzed into my mind.

The day I had escaped. I had been preparing for this day for months, it couldn't fail.

It has to work!

I had thought to myself. I was hoping; something I hadn't done since my mother died. All I had to do was get over the fence, it was the metal netted fence so I could easily climb over it. So that's what I did;I climbed. I climbed like my life depended on it (which it kind of did). I climbed until I was on the other side, then jumped off and ran as fast as my leg's could take me. I was running anywhere, as long as it was away from this place.

I hit the ground.

The pain that shot up my whole body, was so unbearable that I crumpled to the ground and blacked out.

_________________________________

I woke up in a forest.

No. No, this can't be happening!

Was going to CHB just a dream?

I stood up  my ankle throbbing furiously. I heard a voice and almost fell but a pair of arms wrapped around my waist so I wouldn't fall. 

 "It's just me. No, need to freak out"

Well there's only one person that could be...

"Nico?"

I stood up quickly realizing that he hadn't let go. Of course that didn't go as planned because I ended up tripping over something large and fell on my butt. Smooth.

Okay so your probably wondering why I'm being a klutz all of a sudden. Well, looks like your going to be pretty disappointed because I have no fucking clue. Whatever.

Anyway, the object I tripped on was a bone.... well a skull. A human skull. I wonder why this is here.... Well no time to ask because I'm getting out of here. I sprinted away, leaving a very confused and angry Nico behind, and apparently sprinting straight towards a Drakon.

NOT Dragon. DraKon.

Yeah, a Drakon is about 20ft long with a snake like body, does not have wings, (usually. it would be terrifying if they did) and it has eyes that will paralyze you if you get caught in their gaze. Pretty scary. I know. So I did the only logical thing: I ran. Under the belly of the beast and out the back dragging my dagger through the underside and out the back watching turn to golden dust as I ran away  as fast as my broken ankle would take me.