I Love You

It's been a few weeks since I last saw or heard from Mike. I threw myself into my work and focused on everything that I had to get finished before I left for the night. After work went to the gym to workout and release a lot of stress that had been building up. Luckily my trainer was there but it looked like he was waiting on someone.

"What's up, Trent? Kinda early for you to be here."

"I could say the same for you as well. Have you been sticking to your workouts?" I threw my hand up and gave a little twirl.

"Of course. I even had a treadmill put in my office so I could get a little run in in between deliveries and paperwork. Ya girl trying to stay committed to the work out & diet." Don't ask me what I had to drink or been eating.

"What you been eating?" Muthafucka!

"Food. Very nasty, yet healthy food. I've planned my meals for the month and each week has a food theme. This week was salad. So today I'll have a grilled chicken salad with two boiled eggs along with carrots and hummus or fruit for a snack and for dinner something lite, like a BLT with turkey bacon or an unwich and 1 gallon of water per day. I did slip up a few weeks ago though. But I've been on the right track since."

"That's good. Self control and just being aware and owning up to your mistakes is all I ask. If you need any help with the workouts I put in your folder let me know. I'll be upstairs training with a new client."

I nodded my head as I place my headphones on and began stretching. I began doing squats when I heard the bell chime letting us know that someone had walked in. Looking towards the front I saw Mike walking towards the stairs. Turning back around I put my thoughts back into my workout and listened to the music playing through my headphones. An hour and a half later I ended my session and filled my bottle up with water before grabbing my keys and heading out the door.

"Hey, Gen!"

"What do you want, Trent?"

"Come up here really quick. I want you to help me show Mike how to spar."

"Nah. I gotta Get going."

"Just real quick.

"I hate you."

"You say that all the time and yet you still show up every day. Doesn't sound like hate to me."

"Yeah, well this time i mean it." I walked into the room and the guys just stared. "Let's Get this shit over with so I can go."

"Hey man it's all good. She don't have to show me how to spar."

"Finally something we can both agree on." I muttered under my breath.

"Gen, is a beast when it comes to sparing. I hate to admit, but she's kicked my ass a few times."

Mike looked at me trying to figure out my mood like he often did. "It's all good, bro. She don't have show me, we got this."

"What's this energy I'm picking up between the two of you?"

"Don't worry about it." I said as I walked towards the door.

"Y'all know each other?"

"Yeah, something like that. I'll see you next week." I walked out the room.

"Oh next week is gonna be canceled. I have to train Mike for a movie he's doing."

I just continued to walk. Making it to the last step, I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door to leave when I felt a hand grab me.

Mike's POV

"Gen, wait up." I grabbed ahold of her hand and pulled her towards me.

I need her to know that I'm sorry for what I said and that I want both her and my son. She looked at me with an empty stare. I've seen this state before, on the night that we broke up. Why do I keep hurting her?

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. You deserve better and I want to make it up to you and our son. I'm not the best man in the world and trust me I know I have my faults, but all I ask is that you give me a chance to prove myself to you."

"I have to go."

"Can I get an answer before you leave?"

"You don't deserve one." Just like that she was gone. I'm not going to let her get away that easy. I followed her to her car and grabbed the door before she could close it.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" She yelled.

"Look, I love you. I don't want to lose you again. Just let me prove to you that I can be the man that you want, the man that you need." I looked into her beautiful brown eyes and saw tears forming.

"All the things that you've said and done cannot be so easily forgotten. You left me! You! This is all you! Everything is your fault, Mike. You're the reason we broke up! You're the reason I..." she stopped talking.

"I'm the reason you almost died and almost lost Khi. I know. I can't undo the things that I've said or done. I can only apologize and hope that you can forgive me. I was there. I waited with your Mom and dad. When they said that you were stable enough to have visitors I stayed by your side. We took turns sitting with you and Khi. Seeing the two of you like that tore me apart. Please, think about it. I love you."

Stepping away from the car, I turned and went back inside. I'm not giving my family up without a fight. Now I have to have a chat with my folks. That should be an interesting conversation. Moms hates Gen for "trying to trap me" and my dad is neutral in this whole thing. Then there's my sister and brother. When everything went down they sided with mom and just looked down on her ever since. I'm about to change all that.