Hold on

This pregnancy has been hell! When I tell you that this will be my only child, I mean that shit. I've damn near lost him not once, but twice! My doctor literally had to put my ass on bed rest just to make sure I don't go into premature labor, but the kicker, the placenta is covering my cervix. When my doctor told me that I had placenta previa, I spaced out. No other words were heard. Now I've told a few patients of mine the same thing and trust me when I say I honestly felt bad for them. But their spouses or significant others were there to console them, I had no one. I tried calling Mike but he never returned my calls. I finally gave up and focused on me and my unborn child. Today I had an appointment to make sure my little man was doing ok. I walked inside the building and headed to the elevators that would take me to the 2nd floor then said a silent prayer. After checking in I took a seat and checked my messages and answered a few emails from work. As I thought about texting Mike, I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Mike standing at the reception desk with his arms wrapped around her leaving his hands resting on her stomach. I stood up to leave but the nurse came out and called my name.

"Genesis."

He snapped his head around just in time to see me heading towards the door. I glance his way as tears fell down my face. This asshole had the audacity to leave me because I was pregnant but standing out there looking all happy and shit! I cried the hardest I've ever cried in my life and felt so much rage inside that I could strangle someone. I can't be stressed I kept telling myself, I can't be stressed. I was doing so fucking good and it all came crashing down. Leaning against the counter in the examination room I started feeling lightheaded and cupped my lower stomach. Andrea, the nurse that showed me to the room rushed to my side and helped me up on the examination bed and called for help. I looked down at the floor to see a puddle of blood then everything went dark.
*******
Beep beep beep
"Hook her up to an IV and Heart monitor...."

"Baby heart rate dropping...."

"She going to need a blood transfusion ...."

"Baby isn't breathing...."

"Got a pulse! Taking him to NICU!"
*******

"Where is she? Where's my daughter?!" My mother cried.

"Genesis Hampton, where is she?" My father demanded to know.

"Sir, please calm down."
The OB nurse tried to calm them down before she spoke to them. "I know you're worried but I need you and your wife to..."

"Is Genesis and the baby ok?!" Mike rushed over to the desk where my parents stood.

"Is it ok to speak in front of him?" Jackie, the nurse asked before continuing.

"Yes."

"We had to do an emergency cesarean section on Genesis. The placenta detached causing her to lose a lot of blood causing the doctor to do a blood transfusion as well.

"What about my son,"Michael interrupted "Is he going to make it?"

"It was touch and go for the baby. We got a pulse and we rushed him to the NICU. His condition has stabilized but," she paused.

"But what?!" My parents yelled together.

"The doctor is having a hard time controlling the hemorrhaging."

My mom ran from the desk into the lobby where she fell to her knees crying. The thought of losing her only daughter and her grandson tore her apart. Mike and my father followed to try and console her. An hour later the doctor came out to speak with them.

"Mr and Mrs. Hampton," the doctor started, "please have a seat."

"Is my baby alright?"

"We've stabilized her for now. You are well aware of her condition. We had to give her a blood transfusion during the operation and while we have gotten the hemorrhaging under control we will monitor her to make sure that she doesn't start again. If that happens we will have to perform a hysterectomy on Genesis."

"So you're telling us that our grandson could be the only child she will ever have?" My father asked hold onto my mother.

"Yes."

"Isn't there something else you can do?" Mike chimed in, not knowing he was about to get ripped a new one.

"All of a sudden you're concerned about her when you didn't even respond to any of the texts or phone calls she sent to you?! You left her and now you're concerned?!"

"Sasha, calm down. Our girl don't need negative energy right now.

"I still love her and don't want anything bad to happen to her or my son," he said held his head down. Just then his phone started to ring. He looked at the number and walked off the unit before answering.