Too many emotions

Hermione's POV

As soon as I made my way back to my room, I threw myself on the bed and cried my eyes out. How dare he. How dare he try to humiliate me like that. I could have sworn I saw pity in his eyes as I ran away, but I pushed the thought away. My eyes found their way to the scar on my arm. I could feel my breathing increase, as the memories of that day played over in my head. And he just watched. How could he. Just sit there and watch as I was tortured by his crazy aunt. If he really liked me, he would have done something. Anything. Anything would be better than what he'd actually done. Not to mention, he had the audacity to bring it up. To put his hand on my arm, completely oblivious to the fact that he'd basically done the same thing to me. He'd emotionally and verbally abused me for years. I can't believe that after all this I still have feelings for him. And yet, I just can't get him out of my mind 24/7.

The things I've done for him. I offered to tutor him in third year, but of course he'd said no. I didn't expect him to say yes, I just figured it was a conversation starter. More like an argument starter. I'd even switched part of my schedule to match his. I joined the potions club even though I absolutely hated it. I even secretly recommended to McGonagall that he be made head boy.

 As my tears made their way down my face, I remembered what had brought me and Malfoy into that conversation. Harry. As the thought made its way through my mind, I abruptly stood up and in a rush, threw open my door.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Author note

Thank you guys so much for almost 50k reads!!!!!! I'm so incredibly grateful for all your votes and comments. I'm really sorry about all the slow updates. I finally got my computer fixed, so you an expect updates regularly now!

-Lily