The First Few Days

Hermoine's POV- Wow, it's the first day back, i'm so excited. It's too bad Harry and Ron aren't coming back, they have auror training. Well at least i'm head girl. I wonder who head boy is, I hope it's someone I know.

She stepped off the train eager to get to the feast. As she walked in, she took a seat at the Gryffindor table. Someone at the Slytherin table caught her eye. Malfoy." Oh great, he's back too",she thought. He walked over to her. "Hey mudblood, I see you're back, where's Potter and Weaslby, finally decided that Hogwarts wasn't good enough for them." Hermoine blushed. "Oh shut up Malfoy, they're off at Auror training". " Ha ha, whatever" he said walking off toward the Slytherin table.

Dracos POV- Oh my god. Is it possible that Hermoine got cuter since the battle of Hogwarts." Stop it Draco"he thought ," my father would kill me if he found out". " Hello Draco" said Pansy Parkinson," Have a great summer?". "It was great Pansy", he said sarcastically . "Why won't she just leave me alone" , he thought. "Attention, attention" said Professor Mcgonagall . " I welcome all of you back to Hogwarts. I am you're new headmaster and before we get on with the sorting, I will announce head boy and headgirl"."Oh great", thought Draco " I get to find out who headgirl is."

Hermoines Pov- " Yes", thought Hermoine, "I get to find out who headboy is". " Head girl is Hermoine Granger and head boy is Draco Malfoy", stated McGonagall."Oh boy", thought Hermione,"this is gonna be an interesting year".

 A few days went by and classes resumed. Hermoine was avoiding Draco as much as possible, but it was hard since they shared at dormitory. It was potions and Hermoine and Malfoy were partners. " Turn to page 75 to begin working on our shrinking potion, now, I know you all have learned this before, but we're just going to do a bit of review" said Professor Slughorn. Hermoine turned to page 75 in her potions textbook, as did Draco. " You may begin" said Professor Slughorn. Hermoine turned to Draco. " You do the potion and i'll pretend to take credit for it" said Draco . " That's not how it works " said Hermoine " Do it you filthy little mudblood" . Hermoine was hurt, tears threatend to sting from her eyes. She made the potion in silence. She had liked Malfoy sice 1st year and was crushed that he didn't like her back, which she had realized in her first year during a particularly nasty argument between Harry and Malfoy. After potions, Hermoine talked to her friend Luna Lovegood, who had been talking to Malfoy all through transfiguration. " Draco said he likes someone" said Luna quietly. " It can't be a Slytherin because he would have admitted it, he would never like a Hufflepuff, it's probably you" said Hermoine. But on the inside she was thinking it was her. " I think it's you or me "said Luna. "Well it's obviously not me so it's got to be you" said Hermoine. She ran off to the library, tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. Things didn't get much better. At lunch in the great hall, Goyle came up to Hermoine and said " You like Draco don't you, you stare at him all the time" he said. " No I do not" said Hermoine. " Luna told me she's only friends with you because you give her all the answers to her homework" " That's absolutly not true" shouted Hermoine, running towards the library." How did Goyle know?" she thought," Had she really been staring at Draco that much?"

The next day was no better. Somehow she had stepped in some frog legs while running towards the great hall, and everyone laughed at her. In Astronomy, she had to sit next to Malfoy again. " I heared you like me Granger" he said smirking. " I don't " said Hermoine, clearly annoyed that he was interrupting her reading. " Than why did Goyle tell me that then" he said back, his smirk only growing. " Did it ever occur to you that Goyle hates me, that's why he said that" she said back. "Granger, I-" "- I'm trying to read" she said back in an irritated voice. Just then, the lesson started, so they didn't get to talk anymore. He tryed talking to her throughout the day, but she just turned him down, being extra ruder than usual. By the time potions came, he was mean again.