VOICE ( 목소리 )

Start from the beginning

She really didn't want him to feel rejected but welcome instead. She has actually been thinking about adopting him since that accident in-store with the vigil. Yoongi needed a family, and she wanted to be part of his family.

She finally felt ready to take care of a Hybrid, herself.

" I...Can I? Can I really stay here longer?? " He asked, quite unsure of himself.

She eagerly nodded her head, " Yes, you can. My home is your home now. You can stay as much as you want. Play and talk with Taehyung as much as you want. You are free to stay or to leave. "

She stood up from her seat and gently grabbed his hands in hers. Sora could see him bite his lips as if he was refraining himself from breaking. Her heart was crushed at this sight. When was the last time that someone was nice to this hybrid?

" Thank you... " He mumbled, but it was loud enough for the woman to hear.

" You don't need to thank me, Yoongi. I should be the one to thank you instead. Thank you for letting me help you. Thank you for not rejecting me. Thank you for being born, Min Yoongi. "

This time, he couldn't take it anymore as tears slowly slide down his cheeks, and whimpered. Sora took the young man in her embrace and somehow wasn't able to contain her own feelings and sobbed along with him.

For the first time, the young woman felt curious about this man's past. His misadventures, his pain, and the meaning of his tears. What had he been through in his life?

That night, Sora and Yoongi didn't really talk. Instead, they cried in each other arms. She sobbed because she couldn't understand why was this society still rejecting innocent beings that were only asking to be understood and loved. While Yoongi was shedding silent tears because he didn't feel this warmth or heard any of these words in his life.

A whole week went by, and the wolf hybrid was still living in the human girl's house. Since that night, the two of them became somewhat close. However, Yoongi would still not speak about his past, which Sora didn't pressure him in doing. She was completely understanding.

Moreover, she didn't want him to live in the past but in the present instead. However, she knew that a day or another, to help the hybrid move on, they had to talk about it.

" Yoongi, I have to go. Be good okay? Also, I made breakfast, so make sure to eat when you wake up. " She stroked his head before leaving the room and going back to work.

Sora already told her superior, Kim Namjoon, that she was currently living with a stray Hybrid. He helped her a lot by giving her advice. There was also Taehyung, who was really happy with the news. At first, he was a bit reluctant, but then he knew the wolf hybrid needed someone like Taehyung did when he was found by Sora. By only a week, the two-hybrid eventually got close. When Yoongi wouldn't want to talk to Sora or was feeling uncomfortable with anything, Sora would ask Taehyung to speak with him.

Though Sora was very thankful to the Labrador hybrid, she knew she couldn't always ask and depend on him like that. So she promised herself that even though she would take things slowly with Yoongi, she had to gain his trust and get to know him.

" Sora!! " The young woman who just arrived at work was greeted by a fox hybrid, Jihoon. She remembered meeting him on the same day she met Yoongi in the rain.

" Jihoon! How are you? Isn't Lisa with you? " She asked him while she was walking to her office.

The red-haired boy shook his head, " No, apparently she got sick, so she is resting at home right now. "

She made a note to herself to text her friend to ask if she was okay, " Oh, so who is taking care of you today? "

" Well, everyone has been busy these days, so until Lisa is feeling better, I will have to stay alone most of the time. " He sadly smiled at her.

" What about the other hybrids? Haven't you made yourself some friends yet? "

He lowered his head. " Well, I did, but he got adopted three days ago..."

" Hmm... Then how about you spend the day with me? Until Lisa comes back and makes yourself some friends? What do you think? " She asked him.

" Hm...Well, if you don't mind having me around then, yeah, sure!! " Jihoon cutely smiled and earned a chuckle from Sora.

Yoongi just woke up and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. 9:47am, he read. He rolled in the bed, stretching himself before he got up. He did remember hearing Sora telling him that breakfast was ready downstairs, but he was too sleepy back then to answer anything to her. So after stretching some more, he went downstairs and saw that all he needed to do was to eat.

He never told Sora, but he really did enjoy her cooking. It was warm, and you could feel her honesty through the meal she would make.

" Thank you for the meal. " He mumbled before cleaning everything and went to take a shower.

After he was done, he went to the living room to watch tv. He turned it on and zapped through the channels until he fell on a documentary about Hybrids. He watched it for a bit and was quite impressed with how much humans knew about them, but there were still some things they had wrong.

Hybrids did have animalistic instincts, but what humans tend to always forget was that they also had it. Indeed, it wasn't as developed as hybrids, but they did have it. Also, Hybrids tend to be more loyal and grateful than humans. Even though they are living among humans, they keep this innocent conscience from animals.

As Yoongi grew tired of listening to the commentator, he switched off the TV and threw the remote on the other side of the sofa. He started to get bored. He then looked around the house and saw it was clean. He really had nothing to do until Sora gets home.

Somehow he felt impatient to see her home. Home? Was it really his home like Sora had told him a week ago? He shook his head, then walked to the kitchen and opened a cupboard since he was still feeling a bit hungry. To his disappointment, he found nothing. He opened another cupboard but found nothing was interesting. Again another one, and same disappointment.

He sighed before he went to fetch his leather jacket and walked toward the contour of the kitchen to write a small note for Sora in case she gets back home earlier than expected. He wanted to make some groceries since only now he noticed there was nothing home, and didn't have a phone to notify her and knew she was already busy enough with her job.

So he decided to make the groceries alone. That was the least he could do, after all the clothes, the bed, water, everything Sora gave him for him to live more comfortably. Then after leaving the note under a cup so it wouldn't fly away, he left the house.

X