Chapter One

Authors Note - Disclaimer: These characters belong to Russel T Davies, not me (sadly) Hope you enjoy this brand new fanfiction!

The first night was the worst.

Lying on her back staring up at the ceiling, exploring with her eyes the unfamiliar grooves and marks above her, before realizing that she was no longer confined to the limited movement her armour would normally allow her and could curl up on her side instead, cat-like. Lexi - she couldn't bear to think of herself as Lucy - found it strangely comforting to rest her head on her arms, with her eyes closed tight, trying to imagine that she was at home.

But of course this wasn't home, and she was no longer Nekross. The foul magic of this place had transformed her from proud princess of Royal Nekron bloodline to this ... vile human scum. Every time she remembered this it was as if her heart seemed to drop into a bottomless chasm, as if there was no way back. But of course there would be a way back. As soon as they left the realm of magic she would be returned to her former self, Nekross, as she should be. That was the hope she clutched onto, possibly what would keep her going if... if they were there for longer than scheduled. Lexi couldn't help but gulp slightly at the thought of staying here for - how long? Months - years? She thrust that unwelcome thought out of her mind, swallowing her fears and turning onto her back to banish the ideas.

Everything was unfamiliar here: the dimly flickering light from the various candles around the room compared to the harsh unwavering blue light that dominated everywhere on the Nekross ship; the smell of the left over meat still steaming by the fire in the middle of the room. Lexi shuddered at the thought of the meat now sitting in her stomach, all the slimy fat and bits of gristle that she had consumed. How could humans willingly eat that stuff? She longed for the smooth revitalizing taste of magic to once again fill her body with warmth and happiness. But even when she had been back home - only a day ago though it felt much longer - it never lasted long, and the Nekross hungered ever more. It had been too long since she had properly had magic, too long since she had felt full. There was always that gnawing harsh feeling in the depths of her body - hunger. Maybe it was that hunger that spurred her on to do such terrible things to wizards every day, to deaden her emotions of pity for the prey and just do it. Nekross culture was rigid and there was no room for too much emotion. Maybe that was why she liked the human race, she enjoyed learning about all their rituals and variety in culture. Nekross never had that same feeling for her.

'But you're not Nekross any more, are you Lucy?' whispered a cruel little voice inside Lexi's mind. Lexi found that she was shaking, maybe from the shock and realization of what she had become. She pulled the thin ragged sheet that she currently lay under up over her shoulders, trying to stop the convulsing of her limbs. Eventually she passed into a troubled sleep, curled up into a ball underneath the sheet.

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter of this Wizards vs Aliens fanfiction. If there's any fans out there, please vote, comment and follow for more chapters of this. Thanks! Izzy