Dustin finishes the last of his beer and then places the now empty bottle on the floor. He spins it.

“Lucas, truth or dare?”

Lucas leans his head back against Max’s and sighs. “Truth.”

Dustin’s quiet for a moment before he speaks again. “If you had to kiss anyone else in this room except for Max, who would it be?”

Max straightens up a little. “Oh, this’ll be fun.”

Lucas groans. He looks around the room for a second before he says, “Kathy.” Kathy nearly chokes on her drink. “What?”

Lucas shrugs. “Safe bet, you won’t catch feelings.”

The group laughs. Lucas grins and leans forward to spin the bottle. It lands on El. “Alright, El, truth or dare?”

“Truth,” El says before Lucas finishes talking.

Lucas hums, thinking. “Would you rather kiss Dustin,” he begins, “or go a month without Eggos?”

Dustin starts a dramatic drumroll on the floor. “If you’d rather go a month without Eggos, El, I swear to God…”

El interrupts him by taking a sip from her cup. “I choose not to answer,” she says when she lowers it with a small smile. Dustin puts a hand to his heart, a pout on his face. “You wound me, Hopper.” El sticks her tongue out at him. “My turn!” she says and leans to spin the bottle. “Oooh, truth or dare, Mike!”

“Dare.”

Excited voices fill the room. “First dare of the night!” Max whoops. “Let’s make it a good one.”

“I’ve got one, if you’ll allow it, El,” Kathy says from beside Will. El nods.

“Mike, I dare you to kiss the prettiest person in the room,” Kathy says with a grin. “They have to be single, though,” she adds and nods toward Lucas and Max.

Mike bites his lip for a moment, thinking it over.

“Could everyone close their eyes?” he asks. “So no one else knows…?”

“Sounds reasonable,” Will hears himself say. He blushes a little as he closes his eyes.

“Us too?” he hears Lucas ask, then two disappointed sighs from him and Max as Mike says yes.

Will sits still, knowing Mike isn’t going to kiss him. Mike’s not gay, he just doesn’t want people to see who he kisses, and that’s fine.

But… a small (okay, fine, huge) part of Will wants Mike to kiss him. The part of Will that has almost always seen Mike as something else than a friend, something that he for the longest time hated himself for.

He sits perfectly still as he waits for Mike’s voice to call out that everyone can open their eyes again. He sits perfectly still as he feels a hand on his knee. Just Mike steadying himself to get to a different person easier. He sits perfectly still, frozen in shock, as he feels soft lips against his own for no longer than a second before they pull away again.

He opens his eyes, looking into Mike’s. Mike’s eyes widen when he notices that Will has opened his, and he quickly sits back in his spot, his head down, blushing hard.