DOS

Catalina picked Elena up as soon as she left the butcher shop

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Catalina picked Elena up as soon as she left the butcher shop. She couldn't wait to tell the little girl the good news. She would finally get to see her dad. "Guess what, mi amor?" She asked. "What?" Elena replied. "I talked to your dad today. He's coming for dinner tonight" Catalina looked in the rear view mirror at her daughter. The young child's face instantly lit up and she clapped her hands together.

"Are you serious, mom? I can't wait" She smiled, "I have to wear a dress!". The two began laughing. It made Catalina so happy to see Elena so excited. Once the two made it home, Catalina started dinner while Elena cleaned up the living room and kitchen. After the food was prepared, Elena took a quick bath. When she got out, her mother helped her into a pink dress and began to braid her hair.

"Listen, when your dad comes, I need you to wait in here so I can talk to him" Catalina said. "About what?" She asked. "Just some grown up things. Things you don't need to worry about. Just wait in here and I'll call you when you can come out, then we'll eat. Ok?" She asked. "Ok, mom" Elena replied as her mother tied a rubber band around the end of her hair.

As Catalina placed a kiss on top of the child's head, the doorbell rang. She stood and shut the bedroom door behind her. She stopped to take a quick look in the mirror before going to the door. Catalina opened the first door, revealing EZ through the screen. "Hey" he smiled. "Hi, come in" She said unlocking and opening the screen door. Ezekiel stepped into the house, taking it all in.

The smell of sautéed meat filled his nostrils as he looked around. "This place looks really nice" He said, taking off his vest and laying it across the couch. "Thank you" Catalina smiled, walking into the kitchen with EZ on her heels. The meat was in a skillet next to the fried corn tortillas. All of the toppings were on the counter. "Where's Elena?" He asked. "She's in her room. There's just a few things I need to tell you before we eat" She said.

"I know I missed a lot these past eight years" Ezekiel said, grabbing a glass bottle of Coke out of the fridge and leaning against the counter. "Yeah, you might wanna sit down for this one" Catalina said. The man raised an eyebrow before sitting down next to her. "There's really no easy way to say this. You would think I would know what to say right now, I've been practicing this speech for seven years.

That night that we slept together after you and Emily had that fight, I got pregnant. Elena's your daughter" EZ choked on the drink and began to cough. He covered his mouth, attempting to regain his posture. "I'm sorry, what?" He questioned. "She's yours Ezekiel. I wanted to tell you. I tried to tell you so many times. I was gonna tell you the last time we saw each other in the visitation room but then you said I should stop coming.

I was pretty hurt. I had Elena eight months later. She's in incredibly smart, just like you. Always top of her class. I gave her your last name. And I didn't keep you from her. She knows who you are and she knows your her dad. In fact, she adores you, Ezekiel" Catalina took a breather from talking. EZ opened his mouth but then Catalina began to speak again, "Please don't hate me. I didn't know what to do. That day, you just made it sound like you wouldn't want a kid so I didn't say anything".

The girl placed her hands over her eyes, sighing. She just made herself sound like a complete idiot. Way to go, Cat. "I'm not mad, Lina" Ezekiel said. She slowly moved her hands away from her eyes, looking up at him. "Really?" She asked. "Really. I shouldn't had made you feel like you couldn't tell me. I was in a really bad place then. I was facing twenty years and I never thought I was gonna get out. I'm honestly glad you didn't tell me. I wouldn't want the kid to see me in there like that anyway" He said.

"I'm just glad you're not pissed" Catalina said, finally being able to really breathe. "Does she know I was in jail?" EZ asked. "No, I left it up to you to decide if you wanna tell her or not. All she knows is that you haven't been in town" She responded. He nodded. "Are you ready to meet her?" Ezekiel nodded once again, "Elena, you can come out now! There's someone who wants to see you".

They could hear the squeak of the door opening followed by little feet running across the floor. Once she got to the doorway, her mouth dropped open. "Daddy!" Elena, nearly tripping over her own feet, jumped into EZ's arms and wrapped her arms around his neck. The new father wrapped his arms around his daughter, taking it all in. She did look like him, especially in the eyes and nose.

She got her lips and her hair from her mother. "Hey kid" He said, as the two pulled away from each other. "Where have you been? I missed you" The child said. "I'm sorry, I've been up North handling some things. I missed you too, but I'm here now and that's all that matters" Ezekiel said. "You're right. Mama, can we eat now?"Elena asked while sitting on her dad's lap. "Absolutely, do you want me to make your plate?" Catalina asked. "Yeah, can you make Dad's too?" She asked in a lovey-dovey voice.

"Yes" Lina said, mimicking her daughter. After everyone's plate was made, the family of three sat down to eat. Small talk filled the room until Elena spoke up. "Will you take me to my first day of school tomorrow on your motorcycle?" Elena asked her dad, but looked at her mother out of the corner of her eye. "If your mom says yes" Ezekiel says. The girl turns to her mother with a pleading look. "You have to wear a helmet" She directed towards the kid, "And you have to drive slow." He nodded, "Its a deal".