Chapter 15

I got up from my bed and followed him into the hall. He looked nervous and sad at the same exact time. I closed my door so Carter didn't listen in to the conversation. 

"What's wrong?" I asked him. 

"Anna is talking to the doll again and now I know your not joking or anything about that doll. First, I thought you were pulling my leg about all the stuff and than I saw that newspaper. I didn't understand how a doll can have the same name as that girl that was murdered. But I saw that doll in the school when that stuff happened to me. I went to her door and it was closed and I headed her and her saying Roxie. I'm scared." He said. I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug and he started crying. I wiped his tears. 

"I saw that doll at my school when it happened too. Just forget about Anna for now okay. Just let her do her own thing. She'll grow out of it soon." I told him. 

"Okay." He sniffled but stopped crying. He got up and went back to his room and called back. "We'll do some research together when Carter's gone right?" 

"Sure." I told him and opened my door back up and headed to my bed. 

"What was that about?" He asked as I sat down on my bed. 

"Don't worry about it. It's personal." I told him. 

"That's okay." he said while looking around the room. "What do you wanna do?" 

"I don't know. There's nothing really more we can do. My rooms done and there really isn't much else we can do besides talk." I said and laid by one to the bed. "But you can leave if you want sense there's nothing to do. You don't have to but if you just don't want to." 

"Well, we could get to know each other better." he said. 

"Ya, I guess that is true." 

     After about an hour or so we have talked a lot about ourselves. We got to know each other pretty well which I am actually happy about. The only thing he doesn't know is the doll and all the stuff that has been happening in this house. I know more about his sister and how they are as a family. There really close. Him and his sister. But his family are going threw a lot of stuff. Parents always fighting. He thinks there gonna end up getting a divorce just because of how aggressive the arguments got. His sister always runs to him and cries. 

     It was about 7 o'clock at night and I told him he should get going before his family decides to have another argument about him being gone for so long. He nodded and got up. I lead him down the stairs and he said bye to my mom and he was out the door. I begin to head back upstairs when my mom calls for me. 

"Ya?" i said heading into the living room which was were she was. 

"How was hanging out?" she said.

"It was fun. We got to know each other a lot better. He told me about his family and a lot of other stuff." I told her. 

"That's amazing Chloe. I remember when you said this school was gonna be just like your old one." she said smiling. "Well, it isn't now is it?" I smiled at her. 

"I know mom you were right. Night mom. I love you." 

"I love you too Hun." 

     I headed back upstairs and into Zane's room. He jumped and looked up from his phone because he heard a noise and seen me. He relaxed. 

"You okay?" I asked. 

"Ya, i'm fine. Just thought you were something else." He said standing up and sitting down by the boxes. "You ready?" 

"Ya." I said sitting down and we begin to look through the boxes again.