The rescue

Y/N PoV

Well just a few hours till my death, ive had a good run, still can't believe I lost to tachanka in a weights competition.

I never really checked up on Mark after he was hit by a lamp, well...I never really checked up on anyone.

But if this is how I am going out, then so be it, id rather die alone or to the hands of someone I know then anything else.

I guess my Dad would receive the letter I wrote back when I first joined. When we joined the army we had to write a letter for our families if we were to die.

Back then I had more emotions so the letter was an emotional one, but if you compare me to my former self Im a monster, ive killed so many people, been through hell and back.

I also would have liked to see my father again, see Anna and see Sunderland get out of league 1. But unless someone pulls a miracle out of their ass then Im stuck here.

Anna PoV

1 day ago

I had just been told to report to the commanders office.

I arrived and was told to enter.

Commander Bridger: "Sergeant Rose, take a seat" I sat down "We received this tape yesterday and have sent a copy to team Rainbow"

He played the tape, what I saw made me happy and sad at the same time. I saw Y/N, he was alive, but was badly injured, on the tape his scar coated torso was visible, he never told me about how he got most of them.

Anna: "He's alive..."

Commander Bridger: "Indeed, we are sending out a task force to rescue him, we have managed to locate his position and will send the team out in an hour. But we wont be sending you."

Anna: "Sir?"

Commander Bridger: "It has come to my attention that you and the Lieutenant are in a romantic relationship so as to avoid you being distracted on this mission you wont be going for your own safety"

Anna: "Yes sir" I said sadly, then I saluted and walked out.

Well at least he is alive.

Sergeant Walker PoV on the plane

Sgt Walker: "30 mikes out"

???: "So why are we doing this again sir?"

Sgt Walker: "We are to rescue a Lieutenant codename Nimrod, they wouldn't tell me much about him only that he is in team rainbow"

???: "Haha, we are rescuing Sergeant Rose's boyfriend"

The other soldiers started to laugh aswell.

Sgt Walker: "Jokes over, we have 3 hours till they kill him, so we need to get in and out fast, we have no idea where he is being held in the building"

Timeskip 1 hour

The SAS had begun clearing the building. It was child's play for the SAS, afterall the only enemy they faced were underarmed rebels with kalashnikovs.

Y/N PoV

I was sitting in my dark, damp, blood soaked cell, I heard the SAS clearing out the building and couldn't help but laugh. I thought they wouldn't have come, and also its funny that these militants think they stand a chance.

But there was only one thing that pissed me off, I haven't eaten anything for my entire time here and have had barely any water, I was starving and dehydrated, I was weaker than before but that will change in a few days.

Sergeant Walker PoV

We had cleared the building and were searching everywhere for the Lieutenant.

I heard one of my men call out: "Sarge he's in here!"

I walked into and saw the scarred, bruised and bloody Lieutenant 'Nimrod'.

Y/N: "You took 5 minutes to clear the building with a full platoon, pathetic, I could have done it in 3"

I groaned: "Lets get you out of here sir"

Y/N: "Fucking finally, they were going to bore me to death before they killed me"

Walker: "And by the way Sergeant Rose was fucking distraught when you went M.I.A"

After that comment he flinched slightly but I shrugged it off.

Timeskip 4 hours

Y/N PoV

I was woken up by someone, I looked to my left and saw Anna.

Anna: "Wakey wakey"

Y/N: "How did I get on this plane?!"

Anna: "We got on an hour ago, don't you remember?"

Y/N: "No, anyway where are we going?"

Anna: "Hereford base, Six said I can stay with you till you fully recover as you probably wouldn't let anyone else near you"

Y/N: "Makes sense, anyway im fine"

Anna: "Oh no you're not, you have suffered multiple stab wounds, you have a broken rib, you are dehydrated and have a minor concussion and you took two .50 cals"

Y/N: "See, im fine" I chuckled

Anna shook her head: "Well we will be landing soon so get ready"

Hi author here, Nimrod has made death his bitch it seems. Also this took longer than expected.