Operation Cupid

It had been a day since the interrogation.

Y/N had been called into Six's office.

Six: "We have no more need for our guest, you can show him out"

Y/N nodded and left for the infirmary with his silenced p226

He walked through the doors and was greeted by Doc

Doc: "Nimrod how are yo- Why do you have a gun?"

Y/N: "Six has ordered his death"

Y/N walked into the next room and pointed the gun at the terrorists head and fired before he could way anything.

He walked back to Doc

Y/N: "Even though he was the enemy. He has my respect for making it through all of my shit...Give him a proper burial, or just cremate him, he deserves it."

Doc nodded

Y/N walked back to Six's office

Six: "Is he dead"

Y/N nodded and left for the cafeteria

As usual he sat by himself, but this time as he sat down Thatcher sat opposite him.

Thatcher: "Me, Seamus and James have been betting on what you do with your salary, so what do you buy?"

Y/N: "Tea, sugar and milk"

Thatcher: "Well none of us were right, but if you only buy that then you must have a shit ton of cash leftover"

Y/N: "You have no idea, anyway a while back I was told to try and socialise...So I was wondering if you, James and Seamus wanted to the local sometime, everything's on me."

Thatcher: "Hehe...Ill ask them but I think I know the answer"

A few seconds later

Thatcher: "Its a yes, we can do tomorrow night"

Y/N: "My friend Anna will be tagging along, she convinced me to get a phone and she came up with the idea, I don't have a use for the bloody thing except for communication"

Thatcher: "Fookin phones"

Timeskip the next day at the pub

Y/N, Thatcher, Smoke and Sledge walked into the bar.

Y/N PoV

I scanned the room looking for Anna, I saw her and walked over.

Y/N: "Hey how are you doing?"

Anna: "Im good thanks, and its good to see you brought some people, you need to make friends at rainbow" she chuckled

I walked over to the guys with Anna so I could introduce them.

Y/N: "This is my friend Anna"

They all greeted her

Smoke: "Hi"

Sledge: "Hello"

Thatcher: "I believe we have met when we recruited Nimrod"

Anna: "So he hasnt told you his name yet?" She chuckled and looked at Y/N

Thatcher: "Well we know his name but we all just call him by his codename"

Y/N: "Well, time for drinks what do you guys want?"

Timeskip 5 hours

Everyone but Y/N was drunk even though Y/N had had the most to drink.

Smoke asked in a drunk voice: "How can you afford this?"

Y/N: "Simple, ive only bought essentials and tea, being in the military for the majority of your life means you don't need to buy much"

Thatcher: "So how did you two meet?"

Y/N suddenly went quiet and just looked at his glass.

Anna: "Its kind of a delicate situation for him, his time in the military has taken its toll"

Anna went on to tell the story she showed everyone the scar from the sniper.

It was midnight, Thatcher, sledge and smoke drunkenly stumbled back to the base. Anna and Y/N stayed at the pub for a while.

Anna: "Ive never seen you so relaxed before, we should do this more often"

Y/N: "Yea, I needed this...Ive done some gruesome shit in rainbow, Six let me go all out torturing a terrorist for information, as you know I can get brutal...I just needed this to relax and clear my head"

Anna: "On the outside you seem like a hardener veteran who is void of emotions, but deep down you are a caring person, without you id be dead, and many others would be too"

Y/N: "I wish that were true, I took 3 bullets and remained standing, when I looked at that terrorist, I saw pure fear in his eyes...Im a monster, I live to make others suffer...I wish I could be different, but after everything that has happened, I cant change who I am"

Anna: "Don't say that, you think that you are a ruthless killing machine, but you are much more"

Anna kissed Y/N on the cheek

Anna: "You may not know it but there are people who love you, more then you think"

Y/N understood what she meant: "Oh, so those rumours the marines spread were true" he said while laughing

Anna blushed: "W-What rumours?"

Y/N: "I think you know" he smiled

Anna moved closer to Y/N and hugged him and then, surprising Y/N in the process, kissed him on the lips...

___________________________

Finally, after hundreds of ideas ive made Y/N and Anna a thing, I can rest easy knowing that part is done, but im going to have to start making ideas for the future.