Chapter 7: Simon's Offer

Lola Solemen

"Okay, let's go!" Paul said, showing up out of nowhere and opening the exit door for us all.

Zayn and I flinched, blinked, and moved away from each other. Luckily, no one looked like they had noticed anything suspicious. Except for Harry, who was watching my face. But I avoided eye contact casually.

"Oh. Hi, Lola." Paul said when he saw me. "Great performance, kid."

"Thank you." I said quietly.

We walked in silence, and I was glad because I was still blushing from the incident that occurred earlier. Zayn, however, was completely at ease. He slipped his hand in mine, interlocking our fingers together while me walked to the van.

Like it was no big deal. Like we were the couple of a lifetime.

"Um... okay." Paul stared into the black van that was parked right by the exit door, its door opened all the way. "We're not going to fit."

I looked up at Zayn but he simply smiled at me. Then he bit his lower lip and quickly looked away.

Before I could make anything out of his strange actions, Liam turned to face Zayn and I. His eyes quickly darted to our interlocked hands and back to our faces. So quick, that I nearly missed it.

I tried pulling my hand out slowly, but Zayn squeezed it and gripped tighter.

"I'll ride with Paul." Liam said.

I looked up at Zayn and he nodded to Liam in agreement.

"Okay." Liam turned back to the others, telling them how we were going to get there.

Louis, Niall, Harry, Zayn, and I would take the van. Paul and Liam would take Paul's car. When everyone agreed, we all sat in our designated cars.

Louis and Niall sat in the two front seats of the van, Zayn sat by a window in the back, I sat beside Zayn, and Harry sat on my left.

As the van started moving, I pulled out my cellphone.

"What's up?" Zayn asked me, looking at my phone.

"I'm going to tell my friend that she's not going to pick me up from here." I said, pulling my hand out of his and typing up the text message.

"Okay." He smiled and looked out of the window.

"Where exactly are we going to go eat at?" I asked him. "Because I have to tell her to come get me from there."

He looked back at me and smiled. "We'll drop you off."

"What?" I said, shocked. "Are you crazy, Zayn? You guys can't do that."

"Well, why not?" Harry asked, throwing himself into our conversation.

"Because you're famous." I said.

"You make it sound like it's a big deal." Zayn said, gazing out of the window again.

"It is a big deal," I mumbled.

"No, it's not." Harry said, smiling. "Just tell your friend that we'll drop you off later."

I sighed. There was no use in arguing with them.

"Okay," I said in defeat. I texted the new information to Kris and put my phone away.

"Hey guys!" Louis screamed, turning to face us. "Let's sing some songs."

I laughed and shook my head.

"Why not?" Harry asked, smiling at me.

I shrugged and nudged Zayn with my arm. He looked at me questioningly.