Chapter: 7

"Samantha! Grab your song book; I wanna see that song," I heard my dad say from downstairs. It was something new, hearing my dads voice again here in our house. I was used to only hearing my mother's voice for a year, I guess it would be weird to hear dad's voice all of a sudden here in our house.

"Sure, dad! Hold on a second, I just woke up," I said with a strain in my voice, I was so tired.

I put my song book in my guitar case when we were at the airport, so I wennt ttto go and grab it. When I opened my case I realized what I had wasn't exactly my guitar, but it looked to be as if I took Shawn's guitar at the airport... My heart started to race. How did I end up with Shawn's guitar? I felt bad for opening his case because I feel like I'm stealing even thoug I'm not, but I opened the front pocket ( where I usually put my song book) to find his song book. I took it out of the pocket and sat on my bed and put it in front of me. I stared at it in awe, not really knowing what to do. I didn't want to open it, but at the same time I did.

"Samantha, what is taking you so long!?" My dad yells from downstairs. I didn't reply, I just sat there and looked at his song book. My dad entered my room, without knocking, and he just looked at me like I had a problem.

"Samantha, what on earth are you doing?" he said, surprisingly calm. If it was my mom she probably would be shouting at me for not answering her, and then tell me that she thought I passed out or died or something like that, but anyway, I said,

"Dad, you know who Shawn Mendes is, right? And you also know how I idolize him, right?" I paused, to look up to my dad instead of the song book that was in front of him, and he nodded. "Well, he took my guitar at the airport, and I took his - by accident of course. I'm not that crazy, dad - and I didn't know about it until just now because we have the save case,"

"Woah," my dad said with a shocked look on his face.

"Dad, I know you just got back and all, but would you mind leaving me be for awhile? This is really important to me," I said.

"Yeah, for sure Sam, I don't mind," my dad exits my room.

"Thanks, dad!" I yell, as he exits.

I grabbed Shawn's guitar and I put it on my guitar stand. I took the case and put it beside his song book on my bed. I opened the main pocket to find a whole bunch of his guitar picks, one of them was signed, and I took the one that was signed and set it on my dresser. I know this would be stealing since I took it without his permission, but I want to keep that one just as a reminder of all this. I couldn't have asked for any more than this; like first, he tweeted me and DMed me and now... Somehow... We switched guitars, I wonder if he has noticed by now?

So I opened his song book very carefully. I repeat, very carefully. This valuable notebook of a boy named, Shawn Mendes, is very precious because it is where his talent can be seen. When I opened it, I flipped to a random page and saw a song Shawn wrote.

"The Weight"

"I want to go back,

Forget that it's over

Painted in black,

When you left me alone

I never knew, she was sleeping next door

With the kid I grew up with,

And I can't go back to her anymore, no more

You tell me you were happier with him, you want me to stay

And you tell me that you needed time but you push me away

But then you try to take me back, my heavy heart just breaks

No, I can't lift the weight

Put you in the past,

Try to forget you 'cause it's over

And every time you ask

I pretend I'm okay

You're inside my head

In the middle of the night

When I don't feel right

I dream I can hold you,

And I can't go back to you anymore, yeah, yeah"

Hmm.. I wonder who he was thinking of when he wrote this... Anyway, I flipped through some pages and realized that there were a lot of original songs that he wrote. That's really impressive. I mean, it takes me weeks to write a new song again, and I often get writer's block. He really is dedicated to music.

After looking through his song book, I realized that he himself, could also be looking through MY songbook. My eyes were wide open. What if he sees my songs and think that they're all horrible!? This can't be happening!

I was pacing back and forth in my room, trying to figure out what to do. Should I Dm him? Should I wait for him to Dm me? Yeah, I guess I'll wait for him because I don't want to ruin this. My dad wanted me to play guitar for him and I only have Shawn's. So it looks like that's what I have to play.

-

-

A/N

I will be going away and won't have wifi for a week neither will my co - writer so our last update will be tomorrow, until my co - writer gets back. On that more, I will be writing while I'm away so I will update if I have wifi, if not I'll update as soon as I get back. Let me know what you guys think of the story so far in the comments. - Cassidy / Krisha