Chapter Twenty-Six; Practice Makes Perfect Well Sometimes...

Abigail's POV:

"Guess we should practice." I said and straightened my back as Joker was beckoned from the tent by Beast.

"Indeed." Nicole answered and came over to me. Ciel and Sebastian were stretching somewhere near us as they conversed about, most likely, the kidnapped children.

I strolled over to the ladder that led up to the flying trapeze swings. I grabbed onto the handles for the ladder and climbed up slowly, not wanting to trip. When I got to the top and looked down, my stomach churned and I looked away, glancing across to the other ladder to see Nicole there with her signature smirk. I smiled nervously and grabbed onto the swing, taking a deep breath.

I pushed myself off of the stand and swung towards Nicole and she swung towards me. I let go of the swing and grabbed onto Nicole's legs quickly just as she neared me. With a smirk she let go of her swing and grasped onto the swing I was just holding onto.

Nicole pushed her legs backwards, sending me flying in the air, then caught my hands as I fell down. She was swinging from her feet and and dangling me from her arms. We went to the stand I began on and she dropped me off there. She went back to her own and did a flip, landing perfectly on her feet.

There was applause next to me and I turned around to find two little kids. "That was pretty good." The boy said and I smiled.

"Thank you."

"Still need a little practice, but I can say you're better than most of the people who come and try to do it." The other child, a girl, said.

"Anyways, I'm Peter and that's Wendy. Aren't you the one who was with that butler guy who got bit by Betty?" Peter directed towards Nicole, who, somehow, was behind me and smiling.

"Yes. I was." Nicole answered like she was proud of that.

"Have you guys ever been in a circus? Or something like that? You seem like you know what you're doing." Wendy said.

"No, actually." I smiled. "We... just... are... flexible... and... um... we try..." I struggled to come up with a sentence.

"Alright..." Peter dragged. "Well, we have to go. Keep up the good work!" And they climbed down, disappearing from my sight. I turned towards Nicole.

"We should go down, too..."

"I thought I sensed an unpleasant aura. So it was you, wasn't it. Honestly." Someone spoke behind us both. "I did not think we would meet again, but honestly, what did you come around to fish for this time?" The man jumped from the wire, aiming his scythe at Sebastian. "You devil-ish fiend!"

"William T. Spears..." I whispered and Nicole had a scowl on her face.

"Even under the best of circumstances, in this time of grim reaper shortages,"

"Hey what are you talking about!?" Ciel tried to interrupt him, but he continued,

"With a demon appearing like this-" All of a sudden his head learched forward as something hit the back of his neck and he turned around, looking at us. "Another demon." Nicole smiled as she flicked a rock at him, again, and it hit his forhead, making him growl.

"What are you doing here?" Nicole spat out at him.

"I'm doing my buisiness."

"Why here?" I asked.

"Now, that's none of your buisiness, now is it? Abigail?"

"That's not my name, twit. Either way, it was just a question. Calm down." I had made my way down the latter to be next to the group of individuals. "Besides," I whispered to the reaper. "If you don't calm down, Grell might smell your hormones, and then his hormones will-"