Chapter Twenty-Two; Poor Dog

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

22 OOH OOH! 22 OOH OOH OOH OOH!

-FROM ABIGAIL AND EMILY

END OF AUTHORS NOTE

Abigail's POV:

As Lord Barrymore had said, there was a punishment today. The owner of the dog was on the floor and bloodied. The dog was being chained to the wall and was about to be attacked by other dogs. I growled myself, and walked over to Sir Barrymore. "Now what do you think you're doing. Killing a poor dog for the owners wrongdoing!?" I yelled, and everyone turned there attention to me.

"The dog tried to attack me when I was looking at the corpse of his owner-"

"Yes, because he was trying to protect him!" I interrupted him, and everyone gasped in return. "There is no annual reason to do this! A dog attacked you to protect the one he is loyal for! So, if someone were to protect you from harm, would they need to be punished for your wrongdoing by the attacker!?" I threw these questions at him. He looked at me. Shocked. Like I had just stabbed him with a knife, I wish I did.

"We-well-"

"So you decide to punish this dog for attacking you, and making sure his owner is all right!? Is that right and just to you!?"

"Yo-you have no right to talk to me like that, young lady!" He finally got the courage to yell at me.

"Yes, I do. Especially when I have order from the queen herself!"

"You dog. The demon hound will be after you!"

"Let the demon hound come after me! Let him rip my soul to shreds and feed me to the devil in hell! But do that after I fulfill the orders of her majesty!" I screamed. "This dog doesn't deserve to be hurt in any way. It's you who should be punished with the pain of hell the devil and death itself. And I hope you do believe in heaven and go there, because when I die, I do not want to see you in hell." I hissed, and walked off towards Ciel and Sebastian, as Nicole and him chuckled and smirked. I glared at them, grabbed Ciel's hand, and dragged him to another spot near the wall. The servants were all near Nicole and Sebastian, and I could tell Finnian was about to cry.

The dog was attacked, and I squeaked in pity. I turned away, and Ciel hid me from looking at it. Tears brimmed my eyes, and Ciel held me close to him. "The dog doesn't deserve that." I whispered shakily, and Ciel nodded, "Lord Barrymore is holding himself too high. He's not as important as he deems himself be."

I cried, and hugged Ciel, as I heard the poor yelps of the helpless dog. I hear a loud scream from Finny, and turned my head. "Stop! Leave the dog alone!" Finny was holding the dog in his hands. I ran over, and knelt down next to him.

"Her! She did this!" Lord Barrymore screamed and pointed at me. I narrowed my eyes, and he yelled, "Chain her!" I was grabbed by various people and brought to the wall. I kicked and fought against them, but it didn't work and they chained my hands and feet. "Abigail!" I heard Ciel scream.

"Just stay there, Ciel." I said calmly, and Sir Barrymore yelled his command to the dogs. I smirked and said, "Nicole. I order you to come save me." The dogs got closer and closer, and when they were close to pouncing range, Nicole showed up, and stopped them. "You're late." I said.

"I am terribly sorry, Young Master. I will make sure it will not happen again." She bowed after she finished up the dogs. She ripped the chains from the walls and my wrists and legs. I rubbed my wrists, and walked closer to the injured dog. "Nicole. Please explain what we did and found out last night." I said, and she nodded. She turned around and started talking and showing everyone what had happened. I walked over to Ciel, and he had a sad expression on. "What's wrong, Ciel?"

"Nothing, Abigail. These  people sicken me." I nodded, "Let's go back and have tea. It's better than standing near these god forsaken people." I muttered the last part. We walked back to the residence, and we sat on the couch in the entrance room.

"I can't wait to go back to the manor." I confessed, and he sighed, and stood up. "Abigail," He sat down next to me, "When we get back, the queen wants our business to join and to make a new product to sell." I nodded, and looked at him confused, "Is that why you are so upset?" He shakes his head, "Then, why?" I ask, and he looks to the ground.

"Abigail... we have to go to an old castle that is claimed to be haunted on order from the queen. No one will enter it." I nodded, knowing that this is not why he is upset, but going along with it. I hope it isn't something terrible. "Sebastian!" Ciel called, and Sebastian came in with tea. "Thank you." I said, as he sat down, and he just smiled at me.

"Ciel. When do we leave?" I asked, and he answered with, "After tomorrow. We were scheduled to leave in three days, but since it has already been solved, we leave a day earlier." I nod. "I think I'm going to retire." I said, and went upstairs. I changed my clothes quickly putting on the nightgown, and slipped into bed. There was a knock on the door, and I called for them to come in. Ciel opened the door, and smiled, "Abigail, I was just checking if you were all right. Well, goodnight. I love you-"

"Ciel." I said, interrupting him. "Could you stay for the night" I asked, and Ciel looked shocked, then nodded. "I will be back." He said, then left, leaving the door opened slightly.

A few minutes later, he reentered the room, then closed the door behind him. In his nightgown also, he slipped into the bed next to me. I nestled into his side, and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Goodnight, Ciel. I love you." I said, as I fell asleep, and like last time. The last words I heard were,

"Goodnight, Abigail. I love you, too."