Jacob x F!Deputy

"I know it's 3 AM, but do you know what I could really go for right about now?" - from pregnancyprompts over at Tumblr!

2:56 AM. Rook could feel her stomach eating her stomach, or was it the growing child inside of her trying to compensate for the lack of burritos in her stomach? She would never know.

She stared at Jacob's sleeping form. He was a light sleeper and had woken up 4 times from Rook's constant tossing and turning. 

Rook rolled over just enough to check the time, 2:58. If she didn't get a burrito in her stomach soon, she would probably never sleep again.

Rook propped herself up on her elbow, hesitantly reaching for Jacob's shoulder, "Jacob," She whispered as she shook him lightly, "Jacobbbbb," She whined.

"What is it now?" He asked, his eyes still closed.

"I know it's 3 AM, but do you know what I could really go for right about now?" She titled her head to the side, trying to portray herself as innocently as possible so Jacob wouldn't be too mad that she woke him up for something so little as a craving.

"If you're hungry, there's food in the kitchen," Jacob mumbled and turned to face her, his eyes still closed.

"Well, I know," Rook paused and took a deep breath, "But.. there's no burritos or nutella in there.."

Finally, Jacob opened his eyes. He furrowed his brow as he looked up at her, "You want burritos and nutella?" He asked and she nodded, "That's what you're craving?"

"I'm craving nutella on a burrito, yes," She answered.

"Can't you wait until morning?" He asked.

Rook felt tears begin to sting the corners of her eyes. It was a stupid thing to cry over, but she's been craving nutella on a burrito all day and night, she was sure if she didn't get it, she would perish.

A quiet sniffle filled the room and Jacob opened his eyes again. Rook has cried many times, suffered pain, loss, had people die in her arms, was tortured, and even though she cried during those times, Jacob never seen her look as sad as she does now.

And the look on her face was enough to melt the ice around his heart.

"Damn it," Jacob groaned, tossing the blankets off his body and slipping out of bed, "Where would I even find nutella, let alone burritos?" He asked as he slipped his pants and shirt on.

Rook sat up in bed and fiddled with the string on her hoodie, "Umm, I seen nutella in a box in the church," She answered meekly and wiped her nose on the sleeve of her hoodie, "I can make a burrito if you get the stuff."

Jacob nodded and exited the room and house without a word. Rook smiled and leaned back, resting her head against the headboard of the bed.

And just as if the universe was against her, the craving suddenly vanished and now all she could think about was pizza.

A/N; Guys, I am sooo sorry I haven't been updating like I promised! I got a job and work two mornings and one night so I'm extremely tired for like three days and last week I had to cover for someone and only had one day off. I promise I will create a schedule so I can get the requests done and get back to writing! I haven't forgotten about this lovely fandom or my writing.