Chapter 17

There existed twins in the Circus

There existed twins in the Circus. They were the rarest breeds as they were created from the love between a human and an entertainer. Due to the news that spread across the humans, hunters had their eyes on them since birth.

They tried to blend in with the rest and pretended that they were not special. The entertainers accepted them for who they were and loved them.

One was the dancer of life, Park SooA. She was beautiful and graceful. She managed to escape the hunters a couple of times and all those times; she was saved by the young king, Kim Seokjin. Even before she had met Jung Hoseok, when she was first caged at the age of thirteen. She called out for whoever that could hear her and the person who appeared was him. It had always been him and now, she planned to return the favour.

There were rumours that the dancer of life could bring a person back from death. But she had to give up hers in exchange.

She danced day and night, in hope that the king would revive. She danced without rest while Hoseok watched her. The dancer smiled at his loved one whenever his eyes met with hers, encouraging her that everything was going to be fine. Deep down inside, he was anxious about the consequences but he didn't show because he respected her decisions. He will, always had and always will.

Without losing hope, she danced. Even if she was tired or her feet were sore, she continued dancing like a swan she always was.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

The other twin was Park Jimin. He made sure people thought of him as the dancer of fear but that was not his real identity.

He went past the forest after seeking for Taehyung who had his pendant all along. He had requested for the hunter to help him with something and unexpectedly, Taehyung complied.

He clenched his fist when he saw the group of hunters, especially Chanhyuk, that ambushed his sister. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath as he transformed into his sister. He glanced at Taehyung who stood before him.

Taehyung gave him the pendant but Jimin shook his head and smiled.

"Keep it. At least, you will remember this cute dancer who had caused you trouble," Jimin winked.

"I'm regretting all my decisions right now and I can't really puke because you are in the queen's form."

Jimin laughed before turning around.

"Be safe."

Jimin glanced at Taehyung who stood there.

"Thank you for the worry but we both know what is going to happen once I enter that place."

"Still."

"I know. I will try to stay safe."

Taehyung bowed at the dancer before returning back to the palace. Jimin made sure Taehyung was nowhere near the scene before walking into the place where the hunters.

He smiled when the hunters were shocked to find the queen inside. He raised his hands up and all of them froze. They couldn't even move a bit as his eyes turned sapphire.

"Just relax and enjoy the show."

He was the dancer of death and just like his sister, if he performed that dance, he had to pay his life in exchange.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

SooA eyes turned emerald and the burnt tree started to grow trees and gain colour. Jungkook gasped when he saw that. He had never seen such scene before. Hoseok just admired his love.

Yoongi's eyes widened when he noticed Seokjin's fingers moving. He called out for Namjoon who rushed to aid him with everything he could.

The dance got even more tiresome but SooA didn't stop. Her feet started to bleed and her body started to feel heavy. She hadn't eaten or drank any water. The dance was consuming all her energy away.

She noticed the blood from her feet transforming into flowers upon her every step. She noticed how the flowers started to wrap around her legs and trying to swallow her up. She wasn't bothered by any of those veins hugging her body to cause even more pain and blood to bleed. More flowers started to appear on her body and she could barely move properly. Until her very last breath, she danced and danced.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Seokjin couldn't believe what he had just heard. He had gotten completely better as if he hadn't been stabbed in the stomach and lost way too much blood.

He parted his lips to speak but no words came out. He still couldn't accept the reality. It was too much for him to handle. Just when he had woken up from
his deep slumber, he had to hear the awful news that broke his heart into pieces.

"I-I'm so sorry, my precious. I should be the one protecting you, not the one to cause such misery upon you."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Hoseok looked down at the pale female dancer who laid on the ground with flowers all over her. He knelt down and held her closely to his chest. He let his heart beat against his chest while the cold corpse rested in his arms.

The tree had bloomed beautifully and flower petals blew due to the wind. Some fell on SooA who slept peacefully.

"My love, do you remember that you wanted me to propose to you under the pretty tree that had beautiful flowers?"

Hoseok knew there would be any reply but he smiled as he brushed the hair from SooA's face so that he could see her properly.

"I planned to do so after I had finished my performance back then. I'm sorry for making you wait so long and I'm sorry for not being able to protect you. Even till this very day, I couldn't protect you. However, you stayed true to your heart and loved a useless fool like me. I don't deserve such love from you, my love."

He paused to blink his tears away and take in a breath. He looked at SooA again. He took her hand in his and intertwined fingers. Her fingers felt cold unlike before but he didn't mind because he loved her with his entire existence.

He leaned down to kiss her dried lips and let his tears roll down his cheeks. Just as the tears dropped onto SooA's cheeks, she slowly faded away like a petal blown away by the wind.

"No matter how the stars try to rewrite, I'll still be yours forever, my love."

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

Note; Epilogue is next.