You looked at his worried face and sighed. You answered him with silence. Its hard for you to let it out without crying so you hold it back.

"Come on, it's not that I'm an outsider here. You can tell me everything Haeun, maybe I can help you. Feel free to talk to me," He almost whisper, and looked at the night sky.

"Being a family is not a ticket to know everything about my problem." You said coldly.

"Stop being a big head can't you?" Uncle Jae flicked your forehead causing you to wince.

"Aish, it hurts!"

"Right, my heart is also hurted when you said like that." He remarked.

"Who care?"You pouted.

"Me."

"So?"

"Are you going to continue like this?"

"Ugh- Fine," You groaned.

You took a deep breath and talked after a delay.

"It's less than a week before my mother's death anniversary.... " You said weakly clenching your jaws.

Jaehun that furrowing his brows earlier turned soft when he heard you said that. His heart felt heavy looking at you who lost a person you dearly love at the young age.

"It reminds me of the incident so much, I hate myself because I cannot do anything to save my mom. It kills inside me until at some point I think its all my fault. " You looked down as tears started well up in your eyes.

"Haeun-ah, ..." He wrapped his hands around you.

He leaned your head on his chest, taking care you like his own daughter. He caressed your hair softly.

"Shh... stop it Haeun. Don't talk like that, I hate it, it is obviously your father's fault. He's the cause of the accident to happen. Stop blaming yourself, never says that."

There was only one thing that could make you easily cry, which was your mom.

"She is away because god loves her more than us. You couldn't change the fate because every lives will die no matter what the causes is. I know she loves you so much, and I believe my sister will be so proud looking at how strong her daughter is, and how well she grew up despite living with hell."

"I miss her so much," You hiccuped.

"Yah yah stop crying. You have school tomorrow. Your face will be swelled so much."

He turned to face you than wiped your tears using his thumbs.

"Ugh fuck, I'm not usually like this. What's wrong with me?" You tried to stop sobbing.

He sighed, "It's about time. You made it Haeun-ah. I'm so sorry for not letting you live with me earlier."

"Barely made it." You corrected.

"Haeun, if you by any chance meet Wonwoo one day, will you still accept him?

His sentence making you off guard and looked at him with a confuse look. You did not respond as you let him continue his words.

"Haeun-ah, I didn't bring this up on purpose. I just wanted to remind you that he helped you a lot back then, he's the only one who understands you, or else you wouldn't have any friend and maybe you would do something like killing yourself.."

You were usually either distracted or would avoid the sentimental topics that Uncle Jaehun tried to bring up.

However , this night you were abnormally calm when he brought this up. After all, everything he said was true.

The Cold Star |Seventeen FF |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें