Chapter 15

"Ayo, boys" Cance called

"Bruh what is it" Jackson yelled back

"My first performance is on y'all's birthday!" Cance said excitedly.

"I'm not going," Blake muttered. "I'm throwing a giant party."

Jackson grinned and high fived him.

Cance squinted, "You're going to miss my first performance for your birthday?"

"Yeah", Jackson smirked. "You make it sound like your performance is more important than our birthday."

"It isn't," Blake chimed in.

"Whatever," Cance mumbled.

I finished my breakfast, snickering at them.

Cance leaves to go "rehearse his lines". He's really just practicing his kissing on the mirror.

Blake and Jackson leave to "make some epic birthday plans". Also kissing the mirror. With any good luck, they'll end up in the same bathroom.

I leave the kitchen to go clean my room.

Entering my room, I find Sam and Michael sprawled across my bed.

"Hey dude", Michael says.

"What's up, broski," Sam adds.

"Hey, and I'm cleaning my room." I Ignore what they say next, picking up the pajamas I had hastily thrown on the floor this morning.

All of a sudden, Sam was in front of me, waving his hand in my face. "Jordyn, we're buying tickets for Cance's performance; you in?"

I smirk, "When have you ever known me to miss out on a chance to make fun of him?"

Sam smirks back at me, "Fair. Okay, so 8 tickets then. That is, assuming Mom and Dad want to go."

"I wouldn't," Michael says from his spot on the bed. "I'd never own up to that being my kid."

I move on to make my bed, shoving michael off as I go.

"Hey! Watch it!" He shrieks.

Cance goes running past my bedroom door, with the twins right behind him laughing hysterically.

Blake stops in, still laughing but muttering something about "finding Cance making out with the mirror".

Michael hops off the floor to go join in on the torturing.

Sam throws my pillow at me. I throw it back. He takes my pillow case and goes on a dead sprint.

I'm torn between chasing him and getting my pillow case back, or enjoying my now empty room. I decide to stick with the latter and continue cleaning my room.

-two weeks later-

I wake up to Cance nervously pacing the hallway.

I groan, "Cance, can you chill?"

He spins around to face my door, "Bro. My performance is tonight. I'm friggen Jack Kelly. This show rests on me. I'm practicing my cool guy walk!"

"So you're not nervous at all?" I mutter, half asleep.

He enters my room, "Not at all. The stage is my second home. I don't do stage fright."

"Okay sure," I say, drifting back off to sleep.

-30 minutes later-

I wake up a second time to the twins leaning over my bed, one on either side.

"Wish us a happy birthday," Jackson demands.

"Happy birthday, my dudes," I say, rubbing my eyes.

"Thank you soooo much," Blake says as he tussles my hair. "Nice bed head. Get up, we're going to breakfast."

When we finally pull in to ihop, our parents already looked like they're incredibly tired of us. Which is pretty normal.

Dad gets out pretty quickly, muttering something about "us knowing the drill." He rescues Mom and they go to get their own table, leaving the boys and I at our own.

Breakfast ended pretty quickly, when Cance and the twins started flirting with the same waitress. We got kicked out. Third time this month.

Cance went off to rehearsal. His last dress rehearsal.

The twins went to do birthday stuff with their friends.

And me? I took a nap. A long nap.

After seemingly no time had passed, Mom was shaking me awake saying we had to go to Cance's performance.

We walked into the theatre and found our seats relatively quickly.

Jackson had snuck gummy bears in and almost got us all kicked out, but he got pardoned because it was his birthday. Suck up.

After a good 15 minutes of Mom bragging to everyone who walked past that her son was Jack Kelly, the show began.

The curtain was raised. And the first thing I saw was Cance standing, stiff as a board.

"Oh no," Mom muttered. "Come on baby," she said, slightly louder. "SOMEONE GO HELP HIM!" She shrieked. It seems that Cance does indeed get stage fright.

Without thinking, the twins and I ran up there.

I turned to face the audience and realized that we probably shouldn't have done that. Cance still stood stiff as a board.

Jackson and Blake did a little tap routine (which sucked btw) and then Blake slipped the microphone out of Cance's shirt and began to whistle into it.

By this time, the directors were on stage apologizing profusely and glaring us down.

I flinched and was ready to walk of the stage in full fledged shame when the audience stood up and cheered he loudest I have ever heard at any event.

Blake bowed and then kicked Cance's knees too so Cance bet at the waist and then fell flat on his face, his butt up in the air.

"Curtain!" I heard someone backstage whisper. "This is a family friendly show!"

Later on the car ride home, Sam asked Cance what happened.

"He got stage fright dummy," Michael resounded.

"Did not," Cance said. "I never get stage fright."

This whole chapter is a mess and I apologize 😬😬 but here it is bbs