Chapter 11

This picture is here because... I don't even know.. it was funny. And perfectly describes my life.

Filming with the crew was great, but it was also amazing to be home.

As soon as we walked in the door, the parents pounced on us.

"You can't just adopt a dog without telling us!" Mom exclaimed.

"Mom," Cance said in horror. "We just left the state without telling you, and you're worried about the dog?"

Flustered, Mom said, "Yeah, you can't do that either."

"And not answering you phones?" Dad added, "Definitely a no."

"Wellllllll," Jackson said. "WE WENT TO THE MALL OF AMERICA!"

"I forgot to pack my underwear," Blake mumbled.

"I started a tattoo business!" I squealed. "But then my partner and I broke up. It just wasn't working out."

"They all got on a plane without Michael and I," accused Sam.

Cance bounced up and down, "I got a fish! And I ate it..." No kidding. Sam about threw up.

Mom's eyebrows had been going higher and higher until Cance spoke.

"Very nice," she said. "I'm glad. NOW WHAT IS THIS ABOUT RUNNING OFF WITHOUT YOUR OLDEST BROTHERS?! You know they're the only sensible ones in the group! The rest of you...the rest of you...OH I'M JUST GONNA SAY IT! YOU MAKE STUPID DECISIONS! I'M SURPRISED YOU'RE ALIVE!"

Cance nodded thoughtfully, "I thought that was going to be much worse."

Mom shook her head, "We've raised a bunch of idiots."

Dad, who had already been won over by the puppies' cuteness, nodded absent-mindedly. "Ah I've missed having a dog."

Mom rolled her eyes. "I never agreed to the second one."

Dad looked at us, "Let me handle this."

We all slip out, quietly.

Back up in my room I dump my suitcase, figuring I can unpack later.

I got a text. I pull out my phone to see it's from my best friend Jasmine.

Jasmine: Hey, hey, hey, Jor! Long time no talk, am I right?

Jordyn: I suppose so. Have you been busy?

Jasmine: You could say that. Hey! I found you a boyfriend.

Jordyn: *smirks* more like you tried to go for him, but failed.

Jasmine: Details, details. Yeah, sure.

Jordyn: Well? Don't leave me hanging! Who is it?

Jasmine: Phil.

Jordyn: Phil?

Jasmine: Phil.

Jordyn: PHIL WHO

Jasmine: Peters.

Jordyn: PHIL FREAKIN PETERS?! There's no way I'll ever get him! =/ but thanks! =)

I put my phone back in my pocket. I feel it vibrate, but I don't bother to check it.

Mom yells up the stairs, "Jackson, Blake, Jordyn! Your father and me are going out! Sam and Michael are at the grocery store. Cance is out with friends. No funny business, pizza in the fridge, love you!"

"Love you too!" I yell back.

Jackson jogged into my room. "Jor, the parents are gone! We can play mudball!"