Veritaserum ~ Sirius Black

"Padfoot, are you sure this is a good idea?" James asks Sirius as he pours a drop of Veritaserum into a glass of pumpkin juice.

"Of course, how else are we going to find out why she's been hanging out with Snivellous so much." Sirius says as he closes the bottle and places it back inside his bag, just in time too as Y/N had just walked into the Great Hall.

"Hello, love," Sirius says as she sits down in front of him "I took the liberty of pouring you a glass of pumpkin juice."

"Oh, thank you" She says and takes a sip.

"You're welcome, darling." He smirks.

"What's with the pet names?" She asks "What did you do to this pumpkin juice."

"Nothing, babe, I'm just extra affectionate today."

"You sound even more like a fuck boy than usual." She says but gasps and covers her mouth.

"I'm so sorry, Sirius, I don't know what came over me." She apologized to him profusely but all he did was smile.

" 'S all right babe." He tells her "Do you mind if I ask you a question though?"

"Sure, go ahead." She nods and takes another drink.

"Alright," he begins after she sets the goblet down "do you have a crush on Snape?"

"Ew, no!" She exclaims.

"Then why do you hangout with him so much?"

"Because the greaseball pays me good money to tutor him."

"Ooh, Y/N, I never thought that I'd hear you call Snivellous a greaseball, you always get onto us when we do it."

"Yeah, I don't know what's happening, it's like whenever someone talks to me I have no filter. But really, he needs to take a shower."

"Okay then, Y/N," Sirius starts "if you don't fancy Snivellous then who do you fancy?"

"You." She says but quickly slaps her hand over her mouth and stands up, tears filling her eyes as she does.

Sirius stares at her with his mouth agape until she point a shaky finger at him "Y-you put something in my drink."

Tears fall down her face as she gathers her things and goes to leave the Great Hall.

"Y/N, wait!" Sirius calls after her but she doesn't stop, she doesn't even turn back to look at him.

"Nice going, asshat." James says to Sirius as he hits him on the back of his head.

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Sirius says and stands up but James pushes him back down by his shoulders.

"At least wait 'til the Veritaserum wears off, or else you'll just make this situation worse than it is."
~~~
"Y/N, love." Sirius calls into the abandoned bathroom.

"How'd you even find me, Sirius?" Y/N sniffles from one of the stalls.

"I used the map." He says and walks to the stall her voice came from.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that stupid thing." She grumbles.

"Hey, it's not stupid, we worked really hard on it, plus it's helped us with multiple pranks." He says matter-of-factly.

"What do you want, Sirius?" She asks him impatiently.

"I want to talk to you." He tells her.

"Why? So you can tell me that you don't like me they way that I like you? Because if so, I already know that, so you can just go away."

"Y/N, please open the door." He pleads but when she refuses he uses alohamora.

"Sirius, I said go away," she says through her hands which are covering her face.

"Y/N, please look at me."

"No."

"I'm not gonna leave until you talk to me," Sirius says while crossing his arms.

"Fine, what?" Y/N asks and finally looks up at him.

"I'm sorry I tricked you into taking Veritaserum." He places his hands on her shoulders.

"Okay? I'm still mad at you, mostly embarrassed but still mad," she says, muttering the last part.

"Would you still be mad if I said this?" Sirius asks before moving his hands to her face and planting his lips on hers, pulling back after a few seconds.

"Well you didn't even say anything, you just kissed me." She fake pouts hiding her amusement very well.

"Okay smart ass, I like you too, what about that?" He tells her and her face finally breaks into a smile.

"Okay, you're forgiven."

"Thank Merlin, I don't what I would do if you were cross with me for a second longer." He says before kissing her again.