Creative Cure

Oneshot

august eighth twenty eighteen

The overwhelming feeling is back in her chest. She can't control it and it sits there like bump on a log, unmoving while she tries to breathe deeply. She can't seem to control much at all in this situation. No one will listen and no matter how hard she tries, she's failing.

Failing is one of the worst feelings for her. Failing means that she's not worthy and who wants to feel that way? No matter what she wants, she fails and is unworthy, but not when she sits down to create.

She knows how to create and she can create a lot.

A drawing. A video. A story. A meal.

And when she creates, she can't feel the weight.

She doesn't feel the pressure she attempts to fight through daily. She can no loner hear the voices screaming that she's not enough and for her that's good. She can only feel her love of creation and the frustrations to get her peace right, but the frustration is welcomed because she can control her art.

It's hers and no one else's and she controls how it turns out and how she views it. Creativity let's her escape and shows her that even the flawed pieces can have beauty and that makes her feel good. It makes her feel like even though she's flawed, she can still hold beauty with in her.

Her creativity makes her more attentive to the small details, the ones that are more manageable. She's always paying attention to what's around so she can add bits and pieces into her works and make them authentic.

Creativity allows her to spiral out of her world for a while and into the world of someone else, living a completely different life and forgetting her problems, if only for a chapter.

Creativity is important to her because above all else, Creativity is her Cure.

xo_kae