Chapter Two

AELIANA'S POV

I came back into the morgue after I realized Esarosa wasn't with me.

I walked in just in time to catch Esarosa before she fell to the floor. She was crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked her smoothing her hair. Trying to calm her.

I looked around to see what happened and saw the sheet coving the woman was pulled back. I was on the floor with Esarosa in my lap so I couldn't see the woman.

"Please tell me what's wrong?" I asked her again.

"It...it....can't...be." she replied threw sobs.

"What is it hun?" I asked her. I was now rocking her lightly like you would a small crying child.

"It's. .... Callie. .." She replied. She started crying again. Her eyes were red and puffy and her cheeks were streaked.

I held her tight. Smoothing her hair again. And rubbing circles on her back. I couldn't help but feel a bit of jealousy and anger towards the dead girl.

"Who was Callie?" I asked her.

"She was a friend in elementary school. She was human. But there was always something about her. Her parents died and I never saw her again till now. She looks the same only a bit older." Esarosa said calming down a bit.

"Oh Esa. I am so sorry." I replied.

Esarosa sniffled. "Hey did you notice that Keira looks a bit like you?" she asked me changing the subject.

I lightly pushed her back and looked her in the eyes. I wanted to make sure she really was ok for now.

I saw a strained smile on her face and than she leaned in and lightly kissed me. She pulled away and said "you didn't answer me?"

"I didn't notice the looks. But her scent is familiar. and I felt a connection to her." I said after thinking about it.

"She has your hair colour and eye colour. Though her eyes are speckled with green." Esarosa said than she looked over at the bed. "Actually just like Callie's."

I thought about it more than I mind linked Onyx 'did you find anything familiar about Keira?' I asked her.

'Yes. I actually searched and found her wolf. She is .....' Onyx was saying than the door to the morgue room busted open.

"Sorry. I had to see." My mom said rushing past Esarosa and myself to the bed.

"Mom. What is the hurry?" I asked her.

I heard my mom gasp. "It's Callie." She said at a whisper.

I didn't notice that my dad was just standing in the door way till he growled.

Esarosa and I got up off the floor and looked between each of my parents.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"Callie was an earth elemental. We thought she was dead. We were told she was dead." My mom replied. she was muttering something else that I couldn't understand.

"Callie was human." Esarosa said.

"No dear she wasn't exactly human." My dad said coming to stand by my mom. he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Shhhh. Shhhh. It's ok love." Dad said to my mom.

I looked at Esarosa and she looked confused. So was I.

"I knew Callie. Her and I were friends." Esarosa said.

"I know you were. We are sorry that we had her moved after her parents died. She was with family where they helped her control her element." My dad replied as he continued to calm my mother.

I knew there was something that they weren't telling me. Than I knew "Keira is my niece." I said out loud.

Both my parents turned to me. "What?" they both asked.

"You. Didn't know. you aren't here about Keira." Esarosa said slowly.

"We are here because Rebecca described Callie. We had to come and see for ourselves." My mom said. Her eyes were puffy but no tears streamed down her face.

"Than you should probably come with us. I think you will agree." Esarosa said

"And I think you guys are hiding something." I also said.

Both my parents sighed. "Let's see first." My dad said.

"Fine." I replied.

------------

Couple hours later

Aeliana's POV

"Can you guys tell me now?" I asked my parents.

They have been watching Keira and talking with each other threw mind link.

"Please tell me." I said allowing some of my frustration threw.

My mom sighed and looked at me. "You are right. Keira is your niece. Though we aren't sure how she is still here." My mom said.

I just stared at her. 'Did I just hear her right?' I asked myself.

"What do you mean you are sure how she is still here?" Esarosa asked for me.

"Well it was three years ago. There was a fire. Your brother and Callie were mates. They were expecting. There was a storm and lightning hit it started a fire. Steven wasn't there. He came home and found no traces of Callie. His home was gone. He felt the loss of his mate. And than he went crazy. He heard about you and Esarosa being the prophecy and he wanted it. The rest you know." My mom said. Tears were once again forming in her eyes.

"He thought they were gone?" I asked. "But how than?" I was so confused.

"We don't know. The fire should have killed them both but..." my mom trailed off as Keira came running over.

Monique was right behind her. "Come on Keira give me back my book."

"No. You are supposed to play. You cheated." Keira said jumping into my lap.

"What do you have?" I asked Keira.

She lifted up her hand and held up a book.

I took it from and looked at it. I started laughing and looked up at Monique. "You are chasing her over your drawing book?" I asked Esarosa's youngest sister.

She glared at me but respectfully said "yes. She stole it from me."

"That's cause she cheated. She shifted into her wolf walked threw the wall." Keira said.

We all looked at Monique. "Monique I have asked you before not to do that." Esarosa said. She sounded annoyed at her sister.

"Yeah but it's not fair that I can't. It's not my fault nobody else can." Monique answered.

I looked at Esarosa and she had an eyebrow raised.

It was Keira that spoke. "You aren't the only one. I can also."

We all stared at her. "Can you show us?" my mom asked.

Keira looked at her. "But mommy told me I shouldn't use it by myself. I can get lost."

"What if I show you how to?" I asked her.

She smiled widely and hoped off my lap.

"Ok change into your wolf." I said to her.

She looked at me strangely. "I can't turn into my wolf yet. I am only tree." She said.

"How can you walk threw walls than?" I asked.

"Not walls shadows. I show." Keira said as she walked towards the dark corner of the room. Than to all of our amazement she went into the shadow.

I quickly ran after her.