"Lena, who's at the door?" asked my mum as she stood in the door way. 

Pulling away from Xavier I turned to face her, and hastily wiped away the tears that had escaped from my eyes. Xavier placed a hand on my shoulder in comfort. 

"Mum this is Xavier," I told her.

She smiled at him genuinely, but I could tell she was checking him out and trying to suss out what his relation was with me. Xavier extended his hands to her and she shook it.

"Hello Xavier, I'm Hannah" she turned to me. "I'm just going to check on some things and then we can go"

I nodded and watched her go back into the house. I didn't feel safe to talk until in knew she was out of ear shot.

"Well that was..." I could finish my sentence. It was defiantly weird for my mum, but Xavier seemed calm. 

He chuckled as he turned me to him. His smiled was sincere but I could tell that he was still upset about the scabs on my leg. I took his hands in mine to comfort him. 

"I'm fine Xavier." I told him. Hoping that if he thought I was then I would believe I was too.

Xavier hesitated before speaking and kissed my hands. "I know you're not Lena." 

I nodded slowly, he was right I wasn't. Draping my arms around his broad shoulder I leaned into him and kissed his lips. He was hesitant at the start - which was understandable seeing as it came out of nowhere- but then fell into the kiss.

Pulling out of the kiss I hugged him fiercely. There was so much going on and I didn't know what to tell him about me going to the police station and if he would be okay with me telling the cops' about his involvement. Xavier rubbed my back his finger tips running up and down my spine his head buried in my hair. He smelled amazing like chocolate and spice. 

Yummy.

"Where you going?" he said softly.

I pulled back and bit my lower lip. Could I really tell him I was going to report Stewart. I mean it was the right thing to do but I was so confused and scarred of what might happen. Sucking in a deep breath I decided to get it out in the open.

"I'm going down to the police station to report Stewart"

His face went hard with worry and anger. "I'll come with you" he said. 

"That's not really necessary Xavier-"

"Please. I want to be there for you" he said as he stroked my cheek.

It was really sweet that he wanted to come but I wasn't sure that I could do that with him there. It was embarrassing enough, there was no doubt that the police were going to ask questions but I didn't want that with Xavier there. I wouldn't be able to think straight, and I didn't want to break down in front of him.

"Selena, please I can be a witness for you."

Looking up at him I was shocked that he would even volunteer to do that.

"Really?" I croaked my tongue thick in my mouth.

He nodded. "I want him to get what's coming to him" he said fiercely.

"Don't say that please Xavier," even though I felt the same way I didn't want to hear that coming out of his mouth. It scared me and made me think about how dangerous he really could be.

"It's true though, I won't let him hurt you ever again." He said as he cupped my face in his hands.

Looking in his eyes I knew he was dead serious and even though it was comforting to think that he would take care of me, it was also frightening. I still wasn't sure what lengths he would go to protect me. I wasn't used to being protected by others either, I was always the one who protected myself, so it was something that I was going to have to get used to him saying.