Chapter 5 (edited)

Start from the beginning

Caught up in my own thoughts I jerked when I heard the home phone ring. Looking over at it I couldn't be bothered picking it up but the look mum was giving told me better. I didn't bother checking the caller I.D I just answered.

"Hello?" 

"Hey don't worry about dropping my stuff off I'm coming over to get it"

I breathed out a sigh of relief. Cayley.

"OK cool, I'll be waiting" I told her.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" her voice was horse at that moment. 

I was a bit taken back. "Fine" I said. 

"Are you sure? What are you doing today?"

"I'm going down to the station and reporting Stewart like I promised and you're coming over"

I thought I heard her give a sigh of relief. I know mum definitely did as she realized who I was talking to. 

"Do you want me to come with you?"

I shook my head, then remembered she couldn't see my gesture. I was talking to her through a phone, duh!

"No, no I'll be fine it shouldn't take long" 

"Okay I'll be there at 3" she said and then hung up.

I put the phone down and contained patting Crissy. I didn't need to look up at mum to know she was eyeing me with concern. 

"I'm fine mum" I said to her hoping that if I convinced her that my mental and physical health was all intact then maybe I would convince myself as well. The whole last 24 hours had been very exhausting and I wasn't sure how much more I could take. The only real highlight was Xavier and yet I was still frightened by what happened outside the uniform shop and then at his house. I knew Xavier wanted to protect me that much was for sure, but to what extent and why was mind boggling.

After eating I went up stairs and straight into the bathroom. Stepping into the shower, I let the hot water burn my skin, turning it pink, it felt good. It was like a different sort of pain and it took my mind off having to go down to the police station. 

Getting dressed, I had no idea what to wear.

What does one wear, when going to a police station? 

I thought that I should probably wear shorts because they probably wanted to see the scabs as proof, but this was a police station what was I even supposed to do in there. I had not idea. Would the interrogate me in one of those rooms with those two way mirrors? And what would I even say? I didn't want anyone at school to know about this, and I especially didn't want to get Xavier involved. I couldn't even think straight about how the police were going to react to this situation. Would they take it seriously? Would Stewart get arrested. If he did, the whole school would know about it, I could deal with the rumors but I didn't think I could deal with everyone cursing me for making this whole thing up. Even though I wasn't, but still people would say that I made it up, and everything would get twisted around. Getting dressed I decided on shorts and a top. I wasn't ready to go to the police about this but I realized that I couldn't let Stewart get away with this. It was time he stopped harassing me. I never asked for it and I never welcomed it. I had let so much of what Stewart said about me slide, hoping that he would give up, but he hadn't and his words were starting to get to me.

I jumped at the sound of the door bell. Quickly rushing down the stairs opened up the door, to find Xavier. He smiled when he saw me. His eyes scanning over my body, his face feel grim when he saw my scabs.

"Lena, Luca didn't do that to you did he?" he asked worriedly as he stepped closer to me. He cupped my face in his hands.

"No. Stewart did" I said calmly, though I was shaking on the inside. Xavier pulled me closer hugging me. I clung to him tears staining my eyes. I didn't cry, I wouldn't let myself cry in front of him. It was amazing that I hadn't known him for that long- more like a day really- and he was so caring.